Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Spring Schedule

The Shockers Spring schedule has been released:

I'm guessing UNK (April 8th in Kansas City) is the University of Nebraska-Kearney although that may not be accurate.

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    The Shockers Spring schedule has been released:

I'm guessing UNK (April 8th in Kansas City) is the University of Nebraska-Kearney although that may not be accurate.
    Looks like they will be very familiar with KSU when that schedule is done.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
      Looks like they will be very familiar with KSU when that schedule is done.
      They will see both KU and KSU twice although KSU in McPherson is a pretty extended scrimmage session.

Good to see KU and KSU are willing share the floor with the Shocks when it doesn't count.

Comment

They will see both KU and KSU twice although KSU in McPherson is a pretty extended scrimmage session.

Good to see KU and KSU are willing share the floor with the Shocks when it doesn't count.
        Hell, you'd be lucky if KU let any of their basketball players play a pick-up game at the Y against some WSU players.
        The Assman

Comment

Shockers finish up their Spring schedule on Saturday (April 22nd) with scrimmages against UMKC at 10:30 am and Oklahoma at 12:30 pm.

Lambo reporting that one of his best players may be his most improved player.

Comment

April 22nd Scrimmage

I made it to the last match today: WSU Vs OU. What I gained from that was to watch all of the new players. Jenny Whitledge played quite a bit but is not 100 % yet. I talked to Civita & Peare a bit when they walked by me in the stands. Civita should be ready to go by Aug. Peare didn't sound so optimistic though.

Shannon Lamb told me that their match last night with KSU was very competitive & that WSU did very well but she didn't say who won. This was when probably when WSU's starters played more.

One question about road games in the AAC was answered when I was told they will be allowed to take 15 players on flights. This didn't come from the staff but by a guy I ran across in the stands who was very familiar with who all is on the roster. We had trouble figuring out who Lauren Hinrichs was because she used to have black hair but has changed it to a lighter color.

Comment

I was surprised how much Jenny played as she clearly isn't 100%.

I thought Jordan Roberts showed a lot of skill.

Abbie Pugh showed promise. Alex Koon can reallyhit it hard and place it where she wants. Kara Maleski looks improved.

Comment

Had 25 on this past season's roster. Katy D, Dani and Jody graduated. Seems like I remember Natalie Brisso may have also graduated and will not be back but definitely not sure about that. I think we have 5 recruits coming in. Which would put us at 26 or 27 on this year's roster, depending on Natialie and subject to any other departures.

I'm thinking someone posted that the Shocks would only travel with 15 players when they fly to road games in the AAC.

Question to @WuDrWu: @xazshox: and anyone else who may have attended Spring scrimmages: Were any of the Shocker newcomers on hand? Were there any other players missing that you noticed?

Comment

Using the roster at GoShockers.com as a road map...........

Players I know that I saw play:

Jordan Roberts, Abby Pugh, Gabi Mostrom, Alex Koon, Tabitha Brown, Regan Stiawalt, Emily Heibert, Kara Maleski, Hanna Shelton (currently dating Rauno Nurger, which is an odd combination, but then so were my parents), Jenny Whitledge (for the record, clearly not 100% or the athlete she was before the injury, or combination of both),

Dressed but I didn't see play (I didn't watch every point):

Mikaela Raudsepp, Abbie Lehman.

In attendance but injured:

Regan Peare, Giorgia Civita

Not sure:

Emma Tynan (pretty sure she was there and played, but I don't know her well enough to recognize/remember), Meghan Grimes (my daughter says yes she played, and she has played against her for years but that's not me), Kara Brown (ditto Emma Tynan comment), Allie Davis, Emma Wright, Aspen Kridner, Lauren Hinrichs. There is NO question many of these young ladies were there and played, I just don't know them well enough to recognize. If I had to say, I'd bet all of them were here and played. They were shuffling players in and out all the time, but my focus was elsewhere.

Definitely not there, with comment if possible:

Katy Dudzinski (graduated), Dani Mostrom (graduated), Jody Larson (was there, but graduated), Natalie Brisso (I know Natalie and didn't see her and I think she graduated as well).

Newcomers: I didn't see any newcomers play, nor did I see any milling about, but I wouldn't bet a nickel either way.

Not all that much help, I know. Sorry.
                  Last edited by WuDrWu; April 28, 2017, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Not all that much help, I know. Sorry.
                    Very helpful. Still trying to picture Rauno and Hannah doing a slow dance. None of the other stuff is that important. We will eventually find out about the roster but I will probably never see Rauno and Hannah dance.

Comment

Still trying to picture Rauno and Hannah doing a slow dance.
                      For the insanely curious (like me), Rauno is listed at 6' 10" and Hannah at 5' 2".

Comment

5'2" may even be stretching it for Hanna. Reminds me of Garrett Stutz' gf his last season, she wasn't any taller than 5'4", at most and then there's the opposite oddity of Casey Walkup at maybe 5'7" in shoes and Mrs. Walkup, the former Sara Lungren at a statuesque 6'5".

Comment

More Roster Comments

I managed to get to CKA last Sat but only for the 3rd game which was the WSU, OU Game. I sat behind the bench a few rows back & soon met a guy who had a handout with pix of all the girls, so we sat there & figured out who everyone was. After the game, we talked to Shannon Lamb who said that Meghan Grimes is out with an ACL injury. She said that after I pointed to Meghan who had a big brace on a leg. Shannon said Meghan had been playing very well lately, too.

Shannon also said WSU had a very competitive game with KSU on Fri night. I got the impression WSU won but she didn't say who won. The WSU, OU game featured mainly all the reserves, so Raudstepp & Abbie Lehman didn't play then. Ditto for most fo the regulars although Tabitha Brown did play some but only on the back row.

We didn't see Aspen Kridner in the game. Lauren Hinrich was hard to find because her pic shows her with black hair, but she has lightened her hair color recently. She walked up to the S railing to talk to her Mother, so I went over to her & said, "Lauren, is that you?" She said "Yes", & we all 3 had a good laugh. Lauren did look pretty good in the match with OU as did Abbie Pugh & several other RS frosh.

Comment

Abbie Pugh made an impression on me as well. She looks like someone that could help this year.

Comment

2017 Starters

I wonder who is going to replace Jodie Larson? Ditto for Dani Mostrum & Katy Dudinski? All big shoes to fill. I'm really hoping that Jenny Whitledge will be ready to play full time by Aug. Lambo had built his offense around her until she was injured very late in the practice season. At least that was the impression I had from what he said about her. She is an exceptonal passer & Lambo highly values that skill.

Comment

Working...
                              X