2016 NCAA Volleyball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    Missouri State easily has the best chance of the Valley teams to advance to the Sweet 16 as K-State has the weakest Pablo of the National Seeds. If the Shockers were in Manhattan, their chances (according to Pablo) of advancing to the Sweet 16 would be 30.6% compared to 35.0% for Kansas State.
    Although as a group we are pretty peeved at having to go to Lincoln yet again, I will always be appreciative of the chance to go to Lawrence in 2012 when Kansas was a very soft #16 (as I recall) National Seed. Given our geographical location, chances such as that will be rare. We had our chance and grabbed it, making the Sweet 16 in Austin. Maybe Missouri State can do the same.

Comment

Although as a group we are pretty peeved at having to go to Lincoln yet again, I will always be appreciative of the chance to go to Lawrence in 2012 when Kansas was a very soft #16 (as I recall) National Seed. Given our geographical location, chances such as that will be rare. We had our chance and grabbed it, making the Sweet 16 in Austin. Maybe Missouri State can do the same.
      Without question, as @WuShock16: and I have discussed on many an occasion, one of my top 5 personal moments regarding WSU athletics. I'll never forget that weekend.

And no idea how I forgot OU. I was there....heartbreaking.....watched a lot of young ladies cry their eyes out that night.

Comment

Custer was ordered to Montana to get the Lakota Indians under control as they had ventured off their reservation so he and his men rode from Kansas to Little Big Horn.
        After a 10 day trek, they arrived at night and set up camp just before reaching the Lakota encampment in the valley.
        Custer sent one of his Indian scouts out to survey the situation.
        Upon returning, the scout told Custer, "Me have good news and bad news."
        Custer said "What's the bad news?"
        Scout says "10,000 them - 1,000 us. We all die."
        Custer says "What the Hell is the good news?"
        Scout: "Not have to ride back across Nebraska."
        Last edited by Rixtoy1; November 30, 2016, 06:18 AM.
        If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Subregional article centering on TCU

Comment

Subregional article centering on TCU
            Hopefully, Mikaela's "injury" was nothing more than cramping. Lambo wasn't real definitive about that.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              And no idea how I forgot OU. I was there....heartbreaking.....watched a lot of young ladies cry their eyes out that night.
              Yep, watching Mary Elizabeth Hooper bawl after that match might have been one of my most painful moments I experienced as a Shocker fan.

That was the night that I met Doc too. The rest is history.
              78-65

Comment

I think KU was an 11 seed that year, because I seem to remember USC being a 6 in the Sweet 16. But yes, very soft national seed. I was out of town and away from TV or computer when Doc texted me about our tournament spot. That was an interesting setup. We both immediately agreed that we could advance to the next weekend or just as easily get swept by Arkansas in that first match. It was so tricky to figure out which Shocker team would show up.
                78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                  I think KU was an 11 seed that year ...
                  Yes - why didn't I think to look at Wikipedia when I originally tried to research the Seed? I do recall a number of the cognoscenti thinking they were overseeded.

It was so tricky to figure out which Shocker team would show up.
                  Fell behind to Arkansas 0-2 and to Kansas 0-1 before winning the next three sets in each case.

Comment

To be honest, the match against Arkansas was epic. We pretty much controlled KU after the first set.

Met the parents of the Ark libero after the game....another young lady struggling with the moment. Hard to keep it together even just telling someone they played their heart out and have nothing to hang their head about.

Very nice people.

Comment

Speaking of struggling in the moment, I seem to remember that you said that you avoided the autograph poster line on Sarah McGee's senior night when she tore her ACL the previous night because it would be awkward for her to see a grown man cry.
                      78-65

Comment

Don't know about anyone else but a little worried about Mikeala's injury, never seen anyone need crutches for a cramp. I think this team has had enough injuries for the year.

Comment

Unfortunately, Mikaela's injury was more than a muscle cramp. She sprained her ankle in practice on Tuesday and did not practice today.

Lambo said she is day-to-day.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article118021058.html

Not what I really wanted to hear.

Not sure how Lambo will fill that hole if Mikaela can't go or otherwise compensate if Mikaela isn't 100%. I guess he would have to turn to R-Fr Alex Koon but, with all due respect to Alex, you are going from a player with 316 kills on the season to one with 17 kills on the season. Alex's strong suit is her serving but it will take more than that at this level.

Keeping my fingers crossed that Mikaela will be able to play at a reasonable level.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 30, 2016, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Speaking of struggling in the moment, I seem to remember that you said that you avoided the autograph poster line on Sarah McGee's senior night when she tore her ACL the previous night because it would be awkward for her to see a grown man cry.
                            Probably a couple of reasons for skipping that.......

Comment

K-State volleyball article by Robinett

Comment

Lutz's column about the Subregional in Lincoln - with too much about going to Lincoln all the time and not enough about TCU.

Comment

Working...
                                X