2016 MVC Volleyball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    The absence of Dani is a bit surprising, since she was Libero of the Year last year.
    Courtney Pence was deserving of the Libero of the Year award this year and hard to argue with Kendyl Sorge on the 2nd team. MSU, WSU and UNI dominated the selections each with 3 first teamers and WSU and UNI had 2 second teamers while MSU had 1 on the second team.

Perhaps having a 6th Shocker was a bridge too far and was Dani more deserving than Tabitha or Mikaela? Not sure what the statistical comparison between Dani and Pence and Sorge looked like but I know Lambo was extremely complimentary of Pence during the year. UNI lives off its defense than they did beat the Shocks twice this year. Some pretty good Volleyball players in the Valley and this year was a very good year for parity in Valley volleyball.

Comment

Here's hoping that the old adage about beating a team 3 times in the same year is tough to do holds true.

Good to hear that Jody's injury was apparently minor and that she will be ready to play Friday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Courtney Pence was deserving of the Libero of the Year award this year and hard to argue with Kendyl Sorge on the 2nd team.
        I recall Lambo raving about Sorge, but I had no recollection of Pence. I seriously doubt any of the coaches are interested in any politics in these awards, so I am confident they were right and fair. I just wished it for Dani, an exemplary Shocker, in her senior year.

Comment

Semi-Final #1: Missouri State 3 - Illlinois State 2
          20, (17), 18, (22) and 8

Comment

It's early, but I wouldn't give a plug nickel for our chances tonight. We just look totally out of sorts and the girls, to me at least, just look beat.

I don't know what it is about UNI but they are completely in our heads, from the head coach on down.

Comment

Shocks hold on to win the second set, 26-24. Tied at 1-1.

Comment

My fault. I tuned in at 15-15.

Comment

Way to pull out that 3rd set!!!

Comment

Down 17-21, the Shocks rally to take the third set, 26-24. Some great defense to keep the set point alive before a Panther error ended the set.

Comment

Eff yah! Way to smack UNI in their own building when it mattered most!!!! GO SHOX!

That will punch WSU's tournament ticket. But might as well just win the whole damn freaking thing now.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Switched my tablet back to the volleyball match just in time to see a bunch of disappointed UNI fans putting on their coats. Wasn't hard to figure out what happened. Congratulations ladies.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Wichita State 3 - 1 Northern Iowa
                          (12), 24, 24 and 21

One of the better grind it out matches I can remember from the Shocks. Clearly they weren't cicking on all cylinders and it just fel like the Shocks were struggling uphill and into the wind the entire match but some how they pulled it out. I thought Emily, Jody, Tabitha and Mikaela in particular showed great fortitude and toughness. Emily and Jody in particular just do so many things to help this team.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 25, 2016, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            It's early, but I wouldn't give a plug nickel for our chances tonight. We just look totally out of sorts and the girls, to me at least, just look beat.

I don't know what it is about UNI but they are completely in our heads, from the head coach on down.
                            I have to admit having the same thoughts. Kudos to the Lady Shocks for showing us the folly of our thinking athough I have to say I am stil not quite sure how we won that match.

Comment

Yeah total fail on my part.

I have no idea how we can win when both Abbie and Katy hit negative numbers.

Emily was incredible and it's a clean sweep for UNI without her efforts tonight. Great job ladies!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                I have to admit having the same thoughts. Kudos to the Lady Shocks for showing us the folly of our thinking athough I have to say I am stil not quite sure how we won that match.
                                Earlier today, despite all their bad stats and brain cramps, I was wondering how the Shocks lost that game (Michigan State); tonight we have 1972 wondering how the volleybabes won that match. Sometimes things are just mysterious, and sometimes the mysteries even out.

Comment

Working...
                                X