Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocks @ Bradley (Friday) and @ Loyola (Saturday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Coach's Show is on now (530pm), but I am having fits getting it without constant restarts. Anybody else having any luck?

Comment

Talked about the new lineup adjustments and using Jody in a setting role. He wanted to go to a 6-2 to get that extra attacker to boost scoring that was on the decline. He said he had been thinking about this for a while and decided to give it a go this weekend. He said the key was whether Jody could connect with the middles. He said while there were some errors against Bradley and a few more against Loyola they did average 16 assists per set this weekend between Emily and Jody combined and that was very acceptable.

The piece of equipment needed to do the internet stream was hit by a volleyball during the Loyola match warm ups knocking it off the table and destroying it. That's why no audio stream on Saturday.

I had to take a phone call at that point and didn't get back to the show until 5 minutes remaining.

Finished up talking about the seniors, Jody, Dani and Katy and that Saturday's match vs Indiana State is Senior Night. Spoke very highly of all 3 young ladies.

Also talked about Rylea Kilburn and that when you lose a player with that potential you typically don't just go to the Juco ranks and plug in a replacement.

Illinois State will be a very dangerous opponent and the Shocks better be ready.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 8, 2016, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Friday's match with Illinois State is at 5:00 pm to accomodate the Men's basketball game with South Carolina State which will follow at 8:30.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 7, 2016, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          the seniors, Jody, Dana and Katy
          Oh, Dani - had me going for a bit. You gotta watch those spelling-correction thingies. :)

Comment

The Futures RPI for the Valley teams of interest. I added the strength-of-schedule part of that thread since Lambo mentioned it his remarks on his show.

RPI Rank. (LastW Rank) Team (Overall wins - losses, Conference wins - losses, Strength of Schedule)

37. (35) Wichita State (21-8, 14-4) - 54

46. (47) Northern Iowa (22-9, 13-5) - 87

49. (51) Missouri State (24-8, 15-3) - 114

56. (63) Southern Illinois (22-10, 13-5) - 88

The +1 Conference Win, -1 Conference Win RPI Projection should appear later today.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
              The Futures RPI for the Valley teams of interest. I added the strength-of-schedule part of that thread since Lambo mentioned it his remarks on his show.

RPI Rank. (LastW Rank) Team (Overall wins - losses, Conference wins - losses, Strength of Schedule)

37. (35) Wichita State (21-8, 14-4) - 54

46. (47) Northern Iowa (22-9, 13-5) - 87

49. (51) Missouri State (24-8, 15-3) - 114

56. (63) Southern Illinois (22-10, 13-5) - 88

The +1 Conference Win, -1 Conference Win RPI Projection should appear later today.

The +1 Conference Win, -1 Conference Win RPI Projections:

37. Wichita State (14 Wins-40) (15 Wins-29) (13 Wins-44)

46. Northern Iowa (13 Wins-47) (14 Wins-43) (12 Wins-50)

49. Missouri State (15 Wins-50) (16 Wins-46) (14 Wins-56)

56. Southern Illinois (13 Wins-53) (14 Wins-50) (12 Wins-62)

Comment

Working...
              X