No announcement yet.

UTSA Roadrunner Roundup - Fri, Sept 16 and Sat, Sept 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WSU drops the first set against UTSA 21-25, with Jody not playing.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Now Regan Peare goes down with an injury and it didn't sound good. Kara Maleski in.

Comment

With Whitledge down, then Larson and now Peare, it's about like men's basketball having to turn to Zach Bush to start at the 3. With no subs.

Comment

We can't stop UTSA's All American senior Dejana Boskovic. Other than that we'd be in great shape....yeah I know ifs and buts.

She has 13 kills in 26 attempts and it's just halfway through the 2nd set.

Shocks trying to find a rotation with all the injuries.

Comment

I've got NO idea how Boskovic had only 7 kills against Army, or how they lost to Army 3-0 and not even close games.

Shocks had a 17-14 lead, but 3 straight points makes it 17 all.

18-17 on a Dudzinski kill.

Comment

20-18 Shocks, timeout Roadrunners. Play is not as sharp as it was earlier in the match. Boskovic is about to rotate up front again, so it would behoove the Shocks to close this game out asap.

Comment

21-18 Dudzinski kill

21-19 Boskovic kill

22-19 Raudsepp kill

22-20 Boskovic block

23-20 Maleski kill (3-0-3 1.000)

24-20 Ace Raudsepp

Comment

Shocks take the game 25-20. Mike says Regan is on crutches and her left knee is in a brace. Not good.

It sucks seeing ANYONE for ANY TEAM injured, but when it's one of these great kids in this program, it really hurts.

Hopefully Boskovic gets tired and the Shocks can find a rotation to battle through this and get what would be a HUGE road win over a quality opponent.

Comment

If you told me that Abbie Lehman would be 1-0-11 at this point, Jody Larson unable to play and her replacement now injured I would be expecting the Shocks to be on the cusp of being swept but the Shocks are hanging tough.

Comment

Partially due to the Roadrunner's blocking ability and partially because our hitters are trying to be too good, the Shocks have a WAY too high number of hitting errors so far, 13, early in the 3rd game.

Emily Hiebert is really playing well of late. 24 assists so far, to go along with 5 kills, a block assist and 10 digs.

Katy Dudzinski with 5 kills on 10 swings so far.

Back to back Raudsepp blocks give WSU their first 3 point lead 11-8 and timeout UTSA.

Dudzinski kill 12-9

Boskovic error 13-9

Maleski kill 14-9

Now 15-11 Shocks

Comment

Missouri State was swept by Iowa State today 12-21-22 in Milwaukee. MSU plays Marquette this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          If you told me that Abbie Lehman would be 1-0-11 at this point, Jody Larson unable to play and her replacement now injured I would be expecting the Shocks to be on the cusp of being swept but the Shocks are hanging tough.
                          You're not kidding!

Back to back Lehman kills and it's 17-11 Shocks and the Roadrunners take their 2nd and last timeout of the game.

Comment

Abbie starting to assert herself on the backside of Set 3. I think she had 4 kills late in the set.

Nice to have a clear, reliable audio stream this weekend.

Why do I think we may be playing 5 today.

Comment

Nice to have a clear, reliable audio stream this weekend.
                              No doubt!

Why do I think we may be playing 5 today.
                              It looks like it so far. Shocks sloppy this set.

Too many errors for Tabitha Brown today. 7-9-26 -.077 is a tough line from one of your 2 left sides.

10-5 Roadrunners and timeout Shocks.

Comment

Shocks cut it to 11-9 but then it's all UTSA from that point on. Blocks, errors, Boskovic, aces, service errors, the whole tool box.

25-16 and the 5th will decide it.

Comment

Working...
                                X