Shockers vs Wildcats Round of 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

23-19 Shox!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

24-19 SHOX!!!

Comment

24-20 Shox.

Comment

25-20 SHOX!!!

Comment

Fun times! Now we have Nebraska right where we want them. They are all comfortable at home and lookin' right past us!

Comment

Those last two sets were full of virtually mistake-free volleyball by the Shocks. Fun to watch! Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                You doin okay?
                Doing great. Very nice work by the Shocks. Not sure what happened in Set 2 but whatever Lambo said or did adjustment-wise at halftime worked like a charm.

Now let's do some bracket busting tomorrow night.

Comment

One final comment: K-S-U-C-K-S

I don't really think that but that chant was getting annoying.

I suppose this means we can continue to forget about getting KSU on the schedule for the forseeable future.

Comment

Not sure if the live stats are really accurate or not considering Alex Koon was 1-0-2 = 0.500 and Kara Maleski was 1-0-3 = 0.333 which is pretty damn good since neither player was in uniform this afternoon.

However, if Abbie's 17-3-25 =0.560 line is anywhere close to accurate (and I think it is probably close) plus her defensive work at the net probably has secured a spot on the All-Tournament team.

Jody struggled some to find the floor but Katie, Shimen and Mikaela all had very solid performances. Emily and Dani had their usual steady-eddy performances. Emily had two deep dumps into the corners in Set 4 that I thought were great. Not sure how she stayed out of the net on the second one.

Edit: The stats at the NCAA GameCenter link look like they could be more accurate. At least they don't list a handful of players that were not in uniform for the Shocks.

Live scores from the Kansas St. and Wichita St. DI Women's Volleyball game, including box scores, individual and team statistics and play-by-play.

These stats show Abbie at 20-4-32 = 0.500 plus 4 block assists. The Shocks had 4 players in double figures kills. The Wildcats had 1.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 4, 2015, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Is it me or does something seem off here?
                      Attached Files
                      78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                        Is it me or does something seem off here?
                        I'm just taking it as a sign that the NCAA is giving Ashley Andrade an extra year of eligibility.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Nicely done! Go Shox!

All the other teams can suck it!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            One final comment: K-S-U-C-K-S

I don't really think that but that chant was getting annoying.

I suppose this means we can continue to forget about getting KSU on the schedule for the forseeable future.
                            Agreed. Besides being the most unoriginal KSU put down, telling them they suck takes away from WSU's sublime victory over an in-state program. I'd rather win over a great KSU team than a sucky one.

Comment

I'll say it. K-State sucks.

Way to go ladies. Way to beat down another Kansas opponent. It's just what we do.

Gonna be difficult tomorrow as we get screwed yet again at Nebraska.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                Gonna be difficult tomorrow as we get screwed yet again at Nebraska.
                                With the NCAA trying to minimize expenses in a non-revenue sport, we are rarely going to fly to a Sub-Regional (I assume we did to Austin). We are always going to Nebraska (four times) or Kansas (twice) or Oklahoma (once) or Iowa State (once). Nebraska, being a perennial power who gets a National Seed, comes up often. Nobody is trying to do anything to us. It's the parameters the Committee has to work with. Get over it.

Comment

Working...
                                X