No announcement yet.

Chevron Rainbow Wahine Invitational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shocks win the first two sets, 16 and 22.

Comment

• Pretty nice balance for the Shocks in this match in both kills and digs. Shocks have also outblocked the Vandals 10-2. The Shocks now have a handful of Aloha points to work with.

Really nice to see KatyDudz have some success.

Comment

• Shocks close out the third 25-18. Get the sweep.
        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Very solid start to the season IMHO. Nice job Shocks. Safe travels back to Doo-Dah.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Very solid start to the season IMHO. Nice job Shocks. Safe travels back to Doo-Dah.
            No doubt. 3-0 was unrealistic. 2-1 was about as good as we hoped for. Big to see Katy in the mix now. And fun to listen to Lambo talk about still working on the 6-2 to better combat the bigger more physical teams.

Clearly he's trying to find ways to eventually advance in the tournament.

This weekend scares me. Long trip back. Adjust Tuesday, school Tues and Wed, leave for College Station Thursday. A&M is good...and NMSU is better. Very easily they could be 4-0 with a top 20 win.

We'll need to get better to win that tournament. But this was a great start.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              No doubt. 3-0 was unrealistic. 2-1 was about as good as we hoped for. Big to see Katy in the mix now. And fun to listen to Lambo talk about still working on the 6-2 to better combat the bigger more physical teams.

Clearly he's trying to find ways to eventually advance in the tournament.

This weekend scares me. Long trip back. Adjust Tuesday, school Tues and Wed, leave for College Station Thursday. A&M is good...and NMSU is better. Very easily they could be 4-0 with a top 20 win.

We'll need to get better to win that tournament. But this was a great start.
              The 1st 3 weekends of this non-con season will prove to be real grind considering the overall level of competition the Shocks have and will be facing. I'll take another 2-1 result nest weekend right now and feel pretty good about it.

Comment

• Abbie is a lock for All-Tournament honors. My guess is the Nikki Taylor of Hawaii will be the tournament MVP. Emily and Dani may also get some consideration. A lot will depend on what happens in the Hawaii - Oregon State match. That's 2 sophomores and a junior leading the charge from the Shocks.

Comment

• Marquette won't be any picnic in week 4 although the other 2 matches that weekend should be substantially easier.

Comment

• Hawaii is up 2-0 on Oregon State (25-20, 25-19).
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Marquette won't be any picnic in week 4 although the other 2 matches that weekend should be substantially easier.
                      Marquette swept #21 Iowa State in Ames over the weekend (-20 -21 -24)

Comment

• Hawaii finishes off the 3-0 sweep in dominant fashion with a 25-11 score in the 3rd.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Dani and Abbie make the all tournament team.

Comment

• WSU Middle Blockers

I see that Katy Dudinski started & played in all 3 sets as the 2nd MB & did well with 3 block assists while hitting 0.545 on 7 of 11 kill attempts. So, that gives WSU some more depth at the middle position. Lambo has always had good middles. I tend to think that Abbie Lehman may be the best ever for WSU at that position. Who else has ever made 1st team All-MVC and 1st team All-Regional as a frosh?

Comment

• The last post on this Volley Talk page has highlights of the UH match and a link to the UH release on the match - again courtesy of Cubicle No More ... . The highlights are all of UH points, of course, but Hey, at least you see what a monster Nikki Taylor was in the match. Perhaps he will post the Star-Advertiser article for the Sunday matches later.

Comment

• Last thing from the weekend...since they made it public I don't feel bad about posting it here. Former WSU baseball player Parker Zimmerman made the best decision of his young life when he decided to ask for Katie Rielly's hand in marriage. Fortunately for him she said yes.

Congrats to the both of them. Couldn't happen to 2 nicer people.

Comment

Working...
                                X