2015 Volleyball Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Volleyball Schedule

I see that SIU and MSU have already posted their 2015 volleyball schedules.

The MSU schedule pretty much tells us what the Shockers Valley schedule will be since they are our travel partner.

Hopefully, Lambo is able to put together a good home pre-season tournament this year.

I see the Shocks play at MSU on Saturday, October 31st at 7:00 pm. Good chance that I will be in Arkansas the last week of October and I think I can work it where I can catch that match on the way back to Wichita. If you are interested in doing a Volleyball roadie that would be a good one to do. I think there is an excellent chance that WSU will put together a bus trip for that match as well. I would be more surprised if they didn't.

It looks like they will also be playing in a tournament in Hawaii the last weekend of August with matches against Oregon State, Idaho, and Hawaii. They also have a home tournament the second weekend of September with South Dakota State, Illinois, and Kentucky (who will be coming off a tournament up at UNI the weekend before). That's all I found so far, though.

Comment

Add Milwaukee as a travel site, from their website..."Marquette will make its home debut Sept. 18-19 hosting the annual Marquette Invitational. The Golden Eagles will welcome Wichita State to the Al McGuire Center at 7 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 18 and have matches against Albany (11 a.m.) and IUPUI (7 p.m.) on Saturday, Sept. 19."

Comment

And add Texas A&M, haven't been able to find anymore. Looks like a lot of schools have released their schedules, got to believe we should see something soon.
        "The Aggies then make their home debut as they host the four-team Texas A&M Invitational, Sept. 4-6 at Reed Arena. Two non-A&M matches will be played Friday, Sept. 4, and the Maroon and White takes the court against Wichita State on Saturday, Sept. 5 at 1 p.m. The Shockers are coming off their 12th consecutive 20-win season."

Comment

Thanks @IAmWu and @boyshocker for the good detective work.

To recap it looks like the non-con schedule shapes up as follows:

8/28 - 8/30 Chevron Rainbow Wahine Invitational
          8/28 Oregon State 9:30PM CT
          8/29 Hawaii 12:00AM CT
          8/30 Idaho 7:30PM CT

9/4 - 9/6 Texas A&M Invitational
          9/4 Abilene Christian 11:00AM CT
          9/4 Mew Mexico State 6:00PM CT
          9/5 Texas A&M 1:00PM CT

9/10 - 9/12 Wichita State Tournament
          9/10 South Dakota State 12:30PM CT
          9/11 No. Illinois TBD
          9/11 Kentucky 8:00PM CT
          9/12 Texas State 1:00PM CT
          9/12 Illinois 8:00PM CT

9/18 - 9/19 Marquette Invitational
          9/18 Marquette 7:00PM CT
          9/19 IUPUI 10:00AM CT
          9/19 Albany 5:00PM CT

Valley play starts on Sept 25th. That gives the Shocks a 32 game schedule so I would not expect any non-con matches during the Valley season. The quick turn around from Hawaii to Texas A&M might be a bit of a challenge.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 23, 2015, 11:49 AM.

Comment

We have friends at Texas State who say they are coming to Wichita to play, could there be another team in the home tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
              We have friends at Texas State who say they are coming to Wichita to play, could there be another team in the home tournament?
              Apparently there is. The Texas State schedule show them playing Wichita State in our tournament on Saturday, Sept 12 at 1:00 PM. It also show they are playing South Dakota State and Northern Illinois in our tournament. So we looks like their may be two other teams in our tournament, although all teams apparently will not play each other.

South Dakota State's schedule shows that we play them Thursday, Sept 10th at 12:30 PM. SDS also plays Illinois in addition to Texas State.

Assuming WSU does play Northern Illinois as indicated on the Huskies' schedule the Shocks will have 5 matches in their tournament.

Comment

Two other teams - Texas State and South Dakota State.

Piecing together the entire tournament schedule from the sites of the various schools:

Thursday, 10 Sep

1230pm: South Dakota State at Shockers
                TBA: Northern Illinois at Shockers

Friday, 11 Sep

11am: South Dakota State v Texas State
                1pm: Illinois v Kentucky
                530pm: Northern Illinois v Texas State
                8pm: Kentucky at Shockers

Saturday, 12 Sep

11am: Illinois v South Dakota State
                1pm: Texas State at Shockers
                530pm: Kentucky v Northern Illinois
                8pm: Illinois at Shockers

If this is correct, the Shocks get five matches while all the other teams have three matches.
                Last edited by flyingMoose; June 23, 2015, 04:43 PM. Reason: wrong date

Comment

Oops, a bit of overlap with @1972Shocker:. I'm gonna blame it on a lunch break in the middle of composing my post. :)

Comment

Here is the schedule
                    78-65

Comment

One change from the conference schedules of the past: We play two Monday away matches, at Evansville on 5 October and at Southern Illinois on 2 November. My recollection is that this change was implemented to allow the conference schedule to start one week later, giving an extra weekend for an RPI-enhancing tournament. The matches are "tied-in" with our single-match weekends with Missouri State.

Comment

That makes for a long road trip, hope they can borrow GM's plane.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                          One change from the conference schedules of the past: We play two Monday away matches, at Evansville on 5 October and at Southern Illinois on 2 November. My recollection is that this change was implemented to allow the conference schedule to start one week later, giving an extra weekend for an RPI-enhancing tournament. The matches are "tied-in" with our single-match weekends with Missouri State.
                          I have no problem with that. Now, hopefully, we can take advantage of it and actually enhance our RPI. I assume next year the two Monday matches will be home matches (assuming they stay with this).

Comment

That makes for a long road trip, hope they can borrow GM's plane.
                            The 31 October match at Springfield is on a Saturday followed a Monday match with the Salukis on 2 November. It seems this will be treated as "normal" road trip.

The 2 October match when we host the Bears is on a Friday followed by the match in Evansville on Monday. Travel cuts into the preparation perhaps, but it is not a tight schedule. But the Friday-Saturday matches the weekend following Evansville, at Northern Iowa and Drake, are another issue. Do we stay on the road the entire time? Do we come home with a short turn to go back on the road? Be interesting to see which it is.

I can't believe I am posting about this. I must be ready for volleyball. :)

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                              The 31 October match at Springfield is on a Saturday followed a Monday match with the Salukis on 2 November. It seems this will be treated as "normal" road trip.

The 2 October match when we host the Bears is on a Friday followed by the match in Evansville on Monday. Travel cuts into the preparation perhaps, but it is not a tight schedule. But the Friday-Saturday matches the weekend following Evansville, at Northern Iowa and Drake, are another issue. Do we stay on the road the entire time? Do we come home with a short turn to go back on the road? Be interesting to see which it is.

I can't believe I am posting about this. I must be ready for volleyball. :)
                              There are some Valley matches that they do fly to I believe. The VB 101 dinner sure helps with that. In fact, IIRC one of the items auctioned is to fly with the team on a road trip, sit in on the team meetings, eat meals with the team, sit behind the bench, stay at the team hotel etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X