No announcement yet.

2014 NCAA Volleyball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

those announcers were tough to listen to.
    I wasn't overly impressed by the play of either side.

I'd love to see the MVC team pull off the upset, but I have a feeling Wisconsin will easily sweep them tommorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Did you have any trouble with the audio coming and going during the match?
      No, not that I noticed. And I was there most, but not all of the time, once they finally got on the air.

Yes, @JayJ79:, the announcers were not polished at all. The play-by-play was a student is my guess, and the color commentator knew a little bit of stuff (I surmised she played at some level), but had no idea how to be dispassionate about the match, how to be a reporter. I have the impression they were the announcing team for the Wisconsin equivalent of ShockerVision.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
        No, not that I noticed. And I was there most, but not all of the time, once they finally got on the air.

Yes, @JayJ79, the announcers were not polished at all. The play-by-play was a student is my guess, and the color commentator knew a little bit of stuff (I surmised she played at some level), but had no idea how to be dispassionate about the match, how to be a reporter. I have the impression they were the announcing team for the Wisconsin equivalent of ShockerVision.
        The comment by the P-B-P young lady that made me chuckle was when she described how she had seen a 5-set match one time between to boy's high school teams.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          The comment by the P-B-P young lady that made me chuckle was when she described how she had seen a 5-set match one time between to boy's high school teams.
          Yes!! :) And took forever to tell the story about area high schools that no one outside the area knows about or cares about.

Back to your earlier audio issues. I have been watching some of the matches from the Oregon site. The video pauses, to get "re-buffered" is my assumption, but the audio continues through the video glitches. I recall the same thing happening in the Redbird match at Wisconsin. But it could be my computer setup also. Nah! I have an iMac - that could not be the issue. :)

EDIT1: I watched the second set of the Oregon match on my iPad and had no video problems. Hmm, maybe the iMac does have an issue. :)

EDIT2: When reporting the results of other matches, the lady commentator says "Set-un" Hall. There must not be any area high schools with that name.
          Last edited by flyingMoose; December 5, 2014, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Watched some of the Oregon games and not impressed with whatever game plan OU had. Kept setting the two hitters who were under .000, had over 60 attacks between them. They had a freshman middle going crazy and the setter wouldn't give her the ball more. Had the buffering problem on the laptop but went to the big unit and things were much better.

Comment

When reporting the results of other matches, the lady commentator says "Set-un" Hall. There must not be any area high schools with that name.
              Yeah, I caught that one also. But if you are in the NCAA Volleyball Tournament perhaps that is an appropriate pronunciation.

Comment

Another match of interest is Creighton v Oregon State in the Kansas Regional being held at the Expocentre in Topeka. The video link is here. The audio is the Beavers' announcer who sounds like another student, intern, whatever. Well, the audio just went "garbled" - maybe it will come back. The LiveStats are here.

Comment

Creighton lost the first set 21-25. Behind 13-18, they ran out to a 20-18 lead before Oregon State took over and won the first set.

The sound is back.

Comment

Creighton lost the first set 21-25. Behind 13-18, they ran out to a 20-18 lead before Oregon State took over and won the first set.

The sound is back.
                    Didn't watch it but in looking at the live stats that appeared to be quite a set of alternating runs.

Comment

The video for the Kansas State v Utah match, part of the Nebraska regional, is here and the LiveStats are here.

Comment

Creighton led the second set 22-20, but Oregon State ran off four in a row and eventually won the second set, 26-24. The Beavers lead the match 2-0.

Comment

K-State lost the first two sets to Utah, both by a score of 25-16.

Comment

The Illinois State at Wisconsin match starts at 7pm CT. The video is here and the LiveStats are here.

Comment

Creighton, down 5-11, goes on a 7-1 run and another 7-1 run later to take a 22-16 lead. They win the set 25-19, but trail Oregon State in the match 1-2.

Have to be gone for awhile. I hear a Cracker calling me from a Barrel somewhere.

Comment

Oregon State beats Creighton 3-1, winning the fourth set 25-21.

Utah finishes off K-State 25-17 and 3-0.

Comment

Working...
                                X