Delta Zeta Classic September 4-6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta Zeta Classic September 4-6

The Wahine Shockers travel to San Marcos this week for their 2nd tournament of the young season.

They'll face the Baylor Bears (9-4 5:00PM), the host Texas State Bobcats (9-5 11AM), the North Texas Mean Green (9-5 5PM) and finally the UTSA Roadrunners (9-6 11:30AM).

Baylor was preseason #6 in the Big12 and was swept at home over the weekend by a Portland Pilot team picked dead last in the WCC (scratching my head).

Things that are really frustrating:

Knowing that our ladies would compete for 2-5 in the Big12 during a complete rebuilding year.

Comment

Is there online live video stream?
      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
        Is there online live video stream?
        Not sure about all matches, but there is a video link here for the Texas State match.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          The Wahine Shockers travel to San Marcos this week for their 2nd tournament of the young season.

They'll face the Baylor Bears (9-4 5:00PM)
          Thinking @1972Shocker: might start this thread, I already passed the following information on to him. Next time I will remember the Good Doctor might be lurking in the wings. :)

Despite the schedule listed at goshockers, the Baylor match is not part of this tournament. Baylor hosts Rice tonight and then travels to San Marcos to play Texas State on Wednesday and the Shockers on Thursday. That concludes their matches for the week.

The other team at the DZC is Abilene Christian, a provisional D-I school. There is no way Lambo would ever play them (Baylor beat them at the tournament the Bears hosted last weekend) because of the RPI impact. So we have the arrangement of Baylor traveling to San Marcos to play two of the teams in the DZC with the Shockers getting the fourth match of the trip against the Bears rather than ACU.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Baylor was preseason #6 in the Big12 and was swept at home over the weekend by a Portland Pilot team picked dead last in the WCC (scratching my head).

Things that are really frustrating:

Knowing that our ladies would compete for 2-5 in the Big12 during a complete rebuilding year.
            Didn't Portland beat us at home a few years ago? I don't think they were very good in their conference that year either (if it's even the team I'm thinking of).

Comment

Originally posted by bunck View Post
              Didn't Portland beat us at home a few years ago? I don't think they were very good in their conference that year either (if it's even the team I'm thinking of).
              You are correct - we lost 1-3 in 2010. We did beat Portland last year at their tournament. But then lots of people beat them last year - they were 0 for the season.

Comment

Baylor 3-1 Rice

Comment

Tournament notes and links from GoShockers.com

The Wichita State volleyball team travels to San Marcos, Texas, Sept. 4-6, for the Delta Zeta Classic.

Baylor picked to finish 6th in the 9-team Big 12. The Bears were 12-20 (4-12) last year.

Looking forward to seeing if there is any positive carryover from the nice come-from-behind win over Butler.

:poster_shocks:
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 3, 2014, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Texas State 1-3 Baylor

Comment

Just a reminder that the Shocks take on Baylor at 5:00pm today. Just a little over an hour away. Pregame at 4:45.

Links to audio stream and live stats here.

Comment

What's the secret to listening to it on the iPhone? I clicked the links and it says not supported.

Comment

What's the secret to listening to it on the iPhone? I clicked the links and it says not supported.
                          The same issue exists with tablets. This Internet-only scheme has some serious shortcomings. I plan to call and complain Friday or Monday.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure but I think you may need to purchase a download an app to listen over on a mobile phone. Some of the guys were posting about this last week.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                              The same issue exists with tablets. This Internet-only scheme has some serious shortcomings. I plan to call and complain Friday or Monday.
                              Yep, last weekend I was traveling couldn't get this evening I am at work and can't listen to it. Very disappointing.

Comment

Working...
                              X