• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WSU wins the first, 25-20!

Comment

4-1 to begin set 2

14-10
      Last edited by im4wsu; November 30, 2013, 05:18 PM.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

25-17 for set 2
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

CHAMPS

Comment

Congrats to the ladies on their SIXTH STRAIGHT trip to the NCAA's. A regular season and tournament title is pretty fabulous.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Congrats to the ladies on their SIXTH STRAIGHT trip to the NCAA's. A regular season and tournament title is pretty fabulous.
              I believe this year makes it 7 in a row. Otherwise I am in total agreement.

Comment

FANtastic. They really fought a lot of little things this year but prevailed. Congratulations

Comment

Two players in particular rebounded very nicely from sub-par performances in Friday's semi-final match vs Illinois State.

Ashlyn Driskill only had 5 kills but she also only had 2 attack errors and hit 0.176 tonight vs 10 attack errors and a negative hitting percentage vs ILS. Ashlyn also had a big solo block to salvage a point and she made a highlight reel save on a one-handed while running towards the baseline third touch save on a point the Shocks eventually won.

Gabby Urban really struggled with her serve receive and passing but was very good tonight in that area and also with her serving. She also contributed 3 assists.

Kudos to those two ladies for hanging in there and not hanging there heads.

Comment

Lambo cracks me up, but me being a math-science type, I get it. In the post-game, he bemoaned the fact that he will never know if our RPI was high enough for an at-large bid, if the effort he put into creating a non-conference schedule was good enough to get us an RPI high enough.

And even though Shane Dennis kept trying to guide the conversation in the post-game to the offense, Lambo kept going back to the defensive effort today.

Comment

Impressive match tonight. Everyone on the floor contributed= don't want to forget the ladies not on the floor - they push hard every day.
                      Total team effort - players, coaches, and staff.
                      Thanks for a great season +Conference Champions + Conference Tournament Champions AND the 7th straight trip to the NCAA Tournament.
                      GO SHOX!

Comment

Nice win ladies. I don't get the chance to watch a lot of Shocker volleyball but did watch the last two days and was impressed by how well the team played. Keep it up!

Comment

My first year as a season ticket holder - REALLY enjoyed it and learned a lot - but, the floor referee was calling net interference on SIU ALOT and their coach finally said something to her. He received a yellow card from the other referee and (I don't know the protocol) the referee called over a SIU player and looked like he told her to inform the coach he had received a yellow card. The girl goes over to tell the coach, then goes all he way back to the referee and says something - I am convinced it was "He says to stick it up your ass, Sir." What a great sport.

BTW - how much bonus does Chris earn for the championship?
                          Did not see Eric Sexton there tonight.
                          If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post

BTW - how much bonus does Chris earn for the championship?

Quick google search found his contract. Looks like $2000

http://media.kansas.com/smedia/2012/07/13/12/09/ZKCMG.So.80.pdf

Comment

Very proud of this team and all the coaches and support staff.

Just got done watching the replay. Hats off to the littles, they dug the hell out of things tonight and I also like how we managed to score without Andrade in set 3. Sam seems to have her legs back and is murdering the ball.

Seems like there's a fair chance we could get another favorable draw tomorrow. We'll see.

Great job ladies!

Comment

Carbondale game article.

Comment

Working...
                                X