Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25-17 and we're on to the 5th!

Comment

UNI wins by the closest of margins in the 5th 16-14.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Loyola had match point at 14-13....boy those girls must be devastated to be that close to the season being extended and now going home.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          UNI leads 21-13 in the 4th and we're about to decide another match in the 5th tonight.

Loyola is a different team with Morgan Reardon in the lineup. The freshman has been out since late September, returning just last night against Drake. She's going to be a handful the next 3 seasons for sure.
          that explains it. I found it very hard to believe that Loyola was the 6th or 7th best team in the league. they're pretty darn good.
          but UNI didn't really play their best volleyball this weekend, either.

Also, tonight was Drake's first conference set win(s) of the season. craziness. (bradley must have put their all into prepping for UNI)

Comment

Following up on the at large possibilities, last week's RPI had WSU at 49. They should move up a shade when it's updated tomorrow.

Also, in WSU's favor, they have 16 either road or neutral wins. Only Ball State with 16 and American with an insane 19 have as many or more wins away from home. Road wins are supposed to count for something.

By my count, and don't hold me to this, but the top 41 teams should get in, barring horrific upsets in a few conference tourneys. Only Tulsa losing has stolen a bid in my opinion.

So I guess the top 41 and we're 49, we better win 2 matches this weekend.

Comment

The Shockers moved up three spots to an RPI ranking of 46.

Comment

Working...
              X