No announcement yet.

Shocks at Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Thursday and Friday matches are at 5pm and 730pm. The championship match on Saturday is at 430pm.

Comment

Was Mash playing (the last?) three sets ahead of Katie a coach's decision or because of an injury? Lambo has been threatening recently to get Mash in the lineup, so I suspect the former. She was 2-1-16 for .062, but at least she played entire sets, unlike her previous appearances.

Comment

Tough call @ShockerFever:. They've worked their way into the mid 40s, depending on who you believe and trust, but the resume is a little soft.

2-3 against the top 50, 9-5 against the top 100. Best wins vs Louisville and @UNI. It would be nice to see SIU crawl into the top 100 (possible after getting ISUr last night) so we'd have no bad losses.

The early Portland tourney win looks better and better with Fresno and Utah State both 50-100.

No crime losing to top 20 Hawaii and Creighton. Certainly if they'd beaten CU in 5 instead of losing, an at large would probably be a lock now. The whipping at the hands of Arizona State doesn't look so hot now as ASU has fallen outside the top 50.

If SIU gets into the top 100, and then WSU gets to the finals, that would put the top 100 record at 11-7. It would be hold your breath time, but I think given past tourney success, and a non-con schedule that had 8 of 14 matches against top 100 competition (thanks for laying that egg Tennessee) and only 2 deadbeats in Portland and Austin Peay, I think they'd squeeze in.

But it's going to be close. DO NOT lose Friday.

Comment

Loyola is coming on strong late in the season and I suspect they're going to join the top of the league next season, and they should with the fertile recruiting ground surrounding them. They battled the Shocks last weekend and they are giving UNI all they want in a match both teams want and need badly to win.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
            Technically, Indiana State is still in the running for the #6 seed too. They won at Evansville tonight, which currently puts them tied with Bradley for 7th at 6-11. If the Sycamores were to pull the upset and win at SIU, and both Bradley and Loyola were to lose, that would leave Indiana State and Loyola tied for 6th. They split their head-to-head, and a win over SIU would give the Trees the "power rating" edge.

But I really really don't think that is going to happen. Drake's not going to beat Bradley. (and if all three ended up in a tie, the Braves hold the edge in a 3-way tie)
            WOW. WOW WOW WOW.

Bradley and Drake battling in the 5th. SIU and Indiana State in the 5th as well. Loyola on a 4-0 to take a 23-22 late in set 3 (tied at 1).

Comment

Loyola finishes the 3rd on a 6-1 run to go up 2 sets to 1.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

The Drake is up 5-4 in the 5th. SIU up 3-1 in the 5th. Loyola just won the 3rd 25-23 and UNI will, for the 2nd time in 2 days, have to win sets 4 and 5 to share the title with WSU.

Comment

Drake and Indiana State BOTH up 10-8 in the 5th!

Drake is 0-17 in conference, by the way.

Comment

UNI jumps out to a 7-3 lead in the 4th.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Both matches tied, DU at 12, SIU at 11. UNI jumping out on Loyola up 5 early in the 4th.

Comment

Southern survives 15-13 in the 5th.

Comment

Bradley survives 15-13 scoring the last 2 points of the match and leaving D+ 0-18 in conference.

Comment

To the minute standings. If Loyola wins, they get the 6 seed, if they lose, Bradley spends Thanksgiving in Wichita.

Wichita State 15-3
                            Northern Iowa 14-3
                            Southern Illinois 13-5
                            Missouri State 12-6
                            Illinois State 11-7
                            Loyola 7-10
                            Bradley 7-11
                            Indiana State 6-12
                            Evansville 4-14
                            Drake 0-18

Comment

UNI now up 21-13. Looks like we will be going to 5.

Comment

UNI leads 21-13 in the 4th and we're about to decide another match in the 5th tonight.

Loyola is a different team with Morgan Reardon in the lineup. The freshman has been out since late September, returning just last night against Drake. She's going to be a handful the next 3 seasons for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X