No announcement yet.

Shocks @ UNI (Friday @ 7:00pm) and Drake (Saturday) @ 7:00pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sloppy, but the Shocks take the set 25-23.

Evansville beats Bradley in 4, 27-25, 15-25, 25-19, 25-14.

Comment

Shocks up 9-5 in the 3rd. UNI leads MSU 8-5 also in the 3rd.

Comment

25-11, 25-23, 25-16 Shocks sweep. Katy Dudzinski gets her 1st action as a Shocker and gets the kill on match point.

UNI blitzed MSU late in set 3, winning 25-15. Going to the 4th.

Comment

Lambo says he'll play a lot of the girls Monday night due to fatigue. Said Roddy is very close to being a starter at either pin. They'll play at least 4 sets since the outcome doesn't really matter.

Comment

UNI closes the 4th set on a 5-0 run to win 25-21. Going to the 5th.

Missouri State is no longer hitting .477

Comment

UNI completes the comeback and finishes off the Bears 3-2 by the scores of 15-25. 23-25, 25-15, 25-21 & 15-10.

Updated MVC Standings after the matches tonight:

Wichita State 3-0
              Illinois State 3-0
              UNI 2-1
              Bradley 2-1
              Southern Illinois 2-2
              Loyola 2-2
              Missouri State 1-2
              Indiana State 1-2
              Evansville 1-3
              Drake 0-4

Comment

okay, I take back what I said a few weeks ago.
                I think the Shockers probably can run the table in MVC play.
                well, I haven't seen Illinois State play yet, so they might be able to give you a competitive match, especially at their place, and MSU might do alright in Springfield, but I wouldn't bet against WSU winning out.

I thought that UNI could at least make a match of it in CF, but I was wrong (and we just looked TERRIBLE). I still think something was up with the UNI team this week (fighting illness or something), but I don't have anything real to back that feeling up (other than how they looked on the court).

Anyway, y'all have a really good team.

Comment

That was an impressive comeback by the Lady Panthers tonight. They may well have been back on their heels a little bit after the way the Shocks blitzed them over the final 3 sets of their match and then MSU comes out on fire the in the first 2 sets tonight. A comeback of that nature shows a lot of character. A 2nd home loss for UNI starting off conference play would have put them in a very difficult position. As it is they are still in good shape and it's not like the Lady Shocks don't have a few things they need to work on.

MSU losing on the road at WSU and at UNI is not particularly the end of the road for them either. Not too many teams will be winning at those two venues.

BTW, was it hot in the McLeod Arena Friday night. Our radio announcer said he had never seen so many stoppages to wipe up perspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Lambo says he'll play a lot of the girls Monday night due to fatigue. Said Roddy is very close to being a starter at either pin. They'll play at least 4 sets since the outcome doesn't really matter.
                    It will be fun to see some of the players who don't get to play much get more than just some cameo time on the court. Interesting to hear that about Jaclyn. Shows she is working very hard and not just going through the motions as a reserve.

Not sure he will be able to rest Chelsey but you never know he might want to see what Dani can do at setter.

I think he should play his regular lineup for two sets and his backups for two sets. We'll see what happens but I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      BTW, was it hot in the McLeod Arena Friday night. Our radio announcer said he had never seen so many stoppages to wipe up perspiration.
                      neither the temperature nor the humidity was that bad, I don't think. For some reason, this year's UNI team just seems to be extra moist. (perspiration, that is. in case some of you have minds similar to mine. haha). There are players diving during just about every rally, and it seems whenever they dive, the court needs wiped.

Chris Lamb complained about it (I'm guessing implying that the players were just stalling), but I don't think that is the case. The down official could obviously see the wet spots on the floor. And IMO, it is better to be safe than sorry, getting spots wiped up rather than risk players slipping and injuring themselves. But yeah, it can get rather ridiculous at times.

In tonights match, after intermission, a couple of guys from the wrestling team took over the towel/mop duties (instead of the jr. high kids that normally fill that roll). And not only were they a bit more efficient at the job, but they had fun with it, and played to the crowd, providing some extra entertainment (without delaying the match or anything). I thought it was a hoot and hope they return for more matches.

Comment

Question: Does anyone know if our freshman who are redshirting can play in the exhibition match with the Italian (Under-23) National Team without impacting their redshirt status?

Comment

Congrats to Ashley and Dani winning MVC Honors for this past week.

Comment

Working...
                          X