• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@WuDrWu: what's your source for scores?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      @WuDrWu: what's your source for scores?
      I just checked the live stats on each home teams site. Did I miss something?

Comment

Awesome win. That's how you get last weekend out of your mouth.

Way ta go ladies.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Last night was a huge step to a Valley Championship. In the MVC, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Early returns suggest the same 4 teams you're used to seeing at or near the top will be there again this season. Illinois State leads the league at 3-0, Missouri State and UNI are 1-1, each losing to WSU. Like @1972Shocker: said, those 2 will square off in Cedar Falls tonight.

The Redbirds have 3 sweeps in conference but all are against bottom feeders Evansville, Southern Illinois and Indiana State. Illinois State has competitive losses to VCU (whom WSU handled), Butler and Marquette and were torched (17, 17, 20) by an excellent Michigan State squad that beat Penn State IN Happy Valley last night 3-2.

After those 4 (and I'm certain they'll be the top 4 seeds at the end of the season) you have a couple of pleasant surprises in Loyola and Bradley. Loyola is just 7-7 but has played a comparatively challenging schedule while Bradley is 8-3 against a mostly soft schedule. The Ramblers have an impressive Fr. OH in in Morgan Reardon. She had 19 kills last night and leads the team in hitting and kills. Just winning at Bradley is good, and their gutty 5 set win at SIU last night shows what a little success can do.

SIU is a little hard to figure out which probably helps to explain why they lost to Bradley last night. You can certainly understand being swept at Illinois State and Kansas State, but losing 12 of 12 to Duquesne, IPFW, Kent State and Marshall is unacceptable.

Indiana State's sweep of Evansville keeps them out of the cellar. The Trees are 7-7 overall, but I can't even determine their best win.....2 of the 7 are against a 2-12 Chicago State team. Another against an 0-17 UNC-Central team that's won exactly 2 sets..that's 2-51. Ouch.

At 0-3 Evansville has yet to win a set in conference. Drake is 2-13 and has been swept 7 times against a soft schedule. You can't shine a flashlight between these 2.

Current MVC Standings with my rankings in parenthesis:

Illinois State 3-0 (4)
          Wichita State 2-0 (1)
          Bradley 2-0 (5)
          Loyola 2-1 (6)
          Missouri State 1-1 (3)
          Northern Iowa 1-1 (2)
          Southern Illinois 1-2 (7)
          Indiana State 1-2 (8)
          Evansville 0-3 (9)
          Drake 0-3 (10)

Comment

Great analysis Dr
            Looks like The Valley can do absolutely nothing to help the SHOX
            Lack of leadership in the Valley is holding back The Wichita State University - the whole school
            Let's hope we have leadership that does the best thing for Wichita State

We have so many top notch coaches, facilities, student athletes, and fans time to move on
            GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              I just checked the live stats on each home teams site. Did I miss something?
              No, you didn't miss anything. I was just wondering if you had a link to a scoreboard that had all the scores in one place.

Comment

Did anyone hear Mike say last night he wasn't going to do the game tonight? We've got the capable Brian Petrotta on the call but no Kennedy.

Comment

Mike's at rocking the round house.
                  First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

25-11 Shocks set 1 over Drake

25-23 second set Shocks lead 2-0
                    Last edited by shock10; September 28, 2013, 07:53 PM.
                    First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

As expected, the Shocks are handling the Geese early on, 16-8.

Missouri State on a 5-0 run to take control of set 1 at UNI. They win the 1st set 25-14.

SIU defeated Loyola in Carbondale 3-1.

Shocks take the 1st set 25-11.

Bradley and Evansville are tied at 1.

Indiana State and Illinois State are travel partners and have the night off, having played last night.

Comment

What is going on here???!!!! Geese 7 Shockers 4.

UNI leads MSU 8-7 in set 2 and Evansville took the 3rd set against BU.

Comment

Timeout D+. Shocks 10-7.

UNI 11-9

UE 2-0 in the 4th (leads 2-1).

Comment

Shocks lead 17-13.

UNI 17 MSU 16 The Bears are hitting an insane .477 for the match so far.

Evansville hammering Bradley 14-6.

Comment

Mash in the game for Reilly. 21-17 Shocks.

Comment

The Geese block is causing the Shocks some problems. 23-21 Shocks, timeout WSU.

Bradley is about to lose to Evansville. They can blame the 27 hitting errors for the loss. They have 16 more kills than the Aces.

Missouri State takes the 2nd set 25-22.

Comment

Working...
                                X