No announcement yet.

Portalnd NIKE Invitational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the Shocks played one of their more solid sets of the season after playing one of their worst sets of the season. Hopefully, they have gotten that Set 1 play out of their systems and can come back playing like they did in Set 2. Lambo kind of hinted in the pre-game show that he was a little concerned about how the team's focus would be for this match. Wasn't good in Set 1, but was great in Set 2.

Comment

19-all in Set 3. Shockers time-out. Key point in the match right here.

Comment

23-all now after a service reception error by Dani. Shocks not playing well but they are figuring out how to hang in there.

Comment

Shocks with a couple of kills by Sam pulls out a 25-23 win in Set 3.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Anyone else having trouble actually seeing the action on the screen?
            I had to turn it off it was so bad. Should I try again?

Comment

One thing I've noticed on far too many occasions is the poor communication in our back row...I couldn't possibly count how many times 2 of our players have bumped into each other going for a dig or service return.

Comment

Doc, you need to clear some space to receive any more PMs.

Comment

When I try to get the video at http://client.stretchinternet.com/cl...castType=video , I get a white screen. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                    Doc, you need to clear some space to receive any more PMs.
                    My bad. Problem fixed.

Comment

• I've completely lost track of what the score should be...

Comment

• It's either 15-9 or 15-8 Shocks. I guess 15-8 per Mike.

Comment

• Always good to win tournaments. Congrats ladies! On to Tennessee.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Always good to win tournaments. Congrats ladies! On to Tennessee.
                            May have set a record for longest elapsed time to play a 25-11 set. It was a kind of a strange.

Shocks OH's looked a little more aggressive in that final set.

Comment

• Lambo comments:

Though Katie and Ashlyn's percentages weren't great, he thought they had better swings tonight than in the past.

He switched up Katie and Ashlyn in the first set, knowing it would affect serve-receive. After that first set, he went back to normal.

Sam had another awesome match.

We still do not defend the left-side hitters well.

It is a joy to watch Chelsey run the offense.

Comment

• Maybe it's just that I don't know that much about volleyball, maybe it's because I'm a geek, but I don't get tired of listening to Lambo....no matter how long he goes on. I could listen to him go on and on for hours.

"Yet again the Shockers find a way to win without stopping the other team's left side hitters".

Lambo also echoing my earlier comments about a mine field of a non conference schedule. Let's see if we can go and be successful in Tennessee next week, and it all might look a lot better.

Comment

Working...
                                X