No announcement yet.

2013 Preseason Valley Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lambo scheduled to be on Sports Daily Friday morning. Not sure what time though.

Comment

Lambo actually co-hosted with Bob Lutz for the entire 2-hour show today. Paul Suellentrop was also co-hosting but pretty much stayed in the background.

In the shows 2nd half Lutz asked Lambo to name the 10 most impactful players in his time as Shocker head man.

Sara Younes, Sarah Lungren and Emily Stockman, of course, were the Mt. Rushmore of Shocker Volleyball. In no particular order he added Emily Adney, Mary Elizabeth Hooper, Kelly Broussard, Karen Augspurger, Darci Vohs, Andee Hartig and current Shocker, Chelsey Feekin to his top 10. However, he said it was very tough to leave Sarah McGee, Eizabeth Meyers and Jen Ray off the list. (BTW, Lambo put this together over a commercial break and it was not pre-arranged).

As far as the current Shocker team goes Lambo is very high on Chelsey Feekin. He said she could go to Texas or Nebraska today and make them better. Last year to get out and see this special player Shocker fans.

He said they would be as strong as ever in the middle with Ashley Andrade and Elizabeth Field.

The biggest ? will be replacing the passing of Jackie Church and Emily Adney, but he said the team handled this well against a very tough Spring schedule.

He thinks Katy Dudzinski will develop into a powerful scorer for the Shocks but her injury cost her a year of training so she is working from behind and will be coming off the bench this year.

I will say Lambo was a natural on the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I will say Lambo was a natural on the radio.
        even more so than you?

Comment

If I were to bet, I'd probably pick the Shockers to win the regular season conference championship (and since y'all are hosting the MVC tourney...).
          Though I don't think you'll run the table.

I'm afraid UNI might have a bit of a down year this season, but who knows, they may surprise me. As others have noted, MSU and ILS will likely be fairly strong this year, too.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
            If I were to bet, I'd probably pick the Shockers to win the regular season conference championship (and since y'all are hosting the MVC tourney...).
            Though I don't think you'll run the table.

I'm afraid UNI might have a bit of a down year this season, but who knows, they may surprise me. As others have noted, MSU and ILS will likely be fairly strong this year, too.
            I agree. I don't see anyone running the table this year. I think it will be pretty competitive at the top again even with the loss of Creighton. MSU kind of intrigues me, especially getting Karen Rivatto back and with the 6-3 transfer from South Florida being added to the mix.

MSU and ILS have the most experienced rosters and in VB experience counts for a lot.

You can never count UNI out. They simply are a program and the way they play, they will always be tough.

It won't take that long for Shocker fans to figure out where we stand. If we can navigate through our 1st 10 matches at tournaments on the road without too much damage then over an 8 day stretch between Sept 19th and Sept 27th we get MSU as our home opener, followed by South Dakota, Hawaii and Creighton at our one home tournament followed by the long road trip to Cedar Falls to face the Panthers. We will pretty much know which way the wind is blowing at that point as far as the Lady Shocks are concerned.

Comment

More so than with any other sport, losing seniors always concerns me. Replacing Adney is an issue for the Shocks. Church as well, especially with the unexpected departure of Banwart.

That being said, the girls looked rock solid against Nebraska in the spring. Jordan Hinkle is a fighter. Gaby is solid. We'll need another little to step up. Our middles are great. Field and Andrade are talented and experienced. Katie Reilly is a superstar in waiting. Driskill might be. Sanders, when healthy, scores at a solid pace. And Feekin is as good as there is in the country, imho. The Shocks will be good...they could be great. I think they'll be too solid to be worse than first, barring injuries. It should be a fun season. Actually, it's always a fun season.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Actually, it's always a fun season.
                True that!

Comment

Working...
                X