No announcement yet.

US men's volleyball at CKA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to the USA Volleyball site attendance at the Wichita matches was 3,800 on Friday and 3,300 on Saturday.

Not great, but not bad. It will be interesting to see how the draw in Tulsa and Reno.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      According to the USA Volleyball site attendance at the Wichita matches was 3,800 on Friday and 3,300 on Saturday.

Not great, but not bad. It will be interesting to see how the draw in Tulsa and Reno.
      That's down from the attendance here in 2010 of 5,025 and 5,450.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
        That's down from the attendance here in 2010 of 5,025 and 5,450.

http://www.teamusa.org/~/media/USA_V...10mResults.pdf
        I did not think they did a very good job of promoting this match. Maybe there were other factors. I'm not sure the average sports fan understands what a spectacle it is to watch these world-class men play the game. At times the power on serves and attacks is just awesome to say the least.

Comment

I did not think they did a very good job of promoting this match. Maybe there were other factors. I'm not sure the average sports fan understands what a spectacle it is to watch these world-class men play the game. At times the power on serves and attacks is just awesome to say the least.
          I don't think I heard one advertisement regarding the match at all. The Eagle did a piece either the day of or the day after one of the matches. That was it. The only reason I knew about it is because it was posted here.

I wonder if the last night of Riverfest had anything to do with it.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            I don't think I heard one advertisement regarding the match at all. The Eagle did a piece either the day of or the day after one of the matches. That was it. The only reason I knew about it is because it was posted here.

I wonder if the last night of Riverfest had anything to do with it.
            Riverfest may well have kept attendance down some, I did not think of that. Still I it did not seem to be very heavily promoted.

Comment

Riverfest may well have kept attendance down some, I did not think of that. Still I it did not seem to be very heavily promoted.
              The games in 2010 were played in mid-July. I don't know if that made a difference or not.

Comment

A few days before the match I searched and searched for the start times and ticket prices to see if I could make it. The Eagle article(s) didn't have it. The US VB site didn't have it. I had to go to the online ticketing system on GoShockers.com to find it. That's poor promotion.

Comment

@RoyalShock: just wondering if you were able to attend either match and, if so what were your impressions?

Apparently, the USA didn't play very well Friday. On Saturday, which I attended they played very well after a slow start.

Comment

@RoyalShock just wondering if you were able to attend either match and, if so what were your impressions?

Apparently, the USA didn't play very well Friday. On Saturday, which I attended they played very well after a slow start.
                    On Friday, they lost the serve-receive part of the entire match except for some in the middle. I think that was the reason for the outcome. I thought the Argentine libero was fun to watch - a bit of a hot dog, but fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                      I thought the Argentine libero was fun to watch - a bit of a hot dog, but fun to watch.
                      Yeah, he definitely should have been wearing a mustard colored jersey.

Comment

Tulsa matches

USA 3-0 France
                        A-2781

USA 3-2 France
                        A-3205

Comment

@RoyalShock just wondering if you were able to attend either match and, if so what were your impressions?

I was not able to attend.

Comment

Working...
                          X