Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US men's volleyball at CKA

Heart of America VB ‏@HOAVB

The US Men’s National team will play Argentina for the World League 6/7-8 at 7pm at Charles Koch Arena on the Wichita State campus.

I've been out to watch the USA Men the last two times they were at Koch Arena. It is an outstanding and very entertaining event and the tickets prices were very reasonable. I would highly recommend this event to any sports fan.

The Shocker ladies are pretty athletic but the size and the power that national men's team and their opponents bring to the game is quite amazing.

I will make one or both matches if at all possible.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      I've been out to watch the USA Men the last two times they were at Koch Arena. It is an outstanding and very entertaining event and the tickets prices were very reasonable. I would highly recommend this event to any sports fan.

The Shocker ladies are pretty athletic but the size and the power that national men's team and their opponents bring to the game is quite amazing.

I will make one or both matches if at all possible.
      Based on your previous experience, what type of attendance would you expect?
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Based on your previous experience, what type of attendance would you expect?
        4,000 to 5,000 per match. That's one of the reasons they keep coming back to Koch Arena.

If you do attend get their early enough to watch the attackers warm up. It's usually a contest to see who can bounce their spikes the hightest into the stands on one bounce.

Comment

4,000 to 5,000 per match. That's one of the reasons they keep coming back to Koch Arena.

If you do attend get their early enough to watch the attackers warm up. It's usually a contest to see who can bounce their spikes the hightest into the stands on one bounce.
          Nice! Thanks for the insight.
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Here is a write-up of the 2009 match vs the Netherlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Nice! Thanks for the insight.
              I would suggest bying GA tickets for the event. First of all you can still get a pretty darn good view in GA and IIRC they were encouraging people to move on down into the reserved seating after the 1st set at the last match I attended. If it were me I would just make it all GA seating.

Comment

Here is the USA Men's roster: http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Volleybal...d-Rosters.aspx

Click on the players name for their height and weight. The USA isn't the biggest team in the world by they have decent size, more than decent athleticism and even better skillz. And most of these guys know where the weight room is.

If you go, wait till you see Evan Patak. He is 6-8, 250lbs and you leave wondering why he isn't playing tight end in the NFL.

Comment

I asked HCCL about men vs womens volleyball and he compared the two to mens and womens tennis. The men are more power whereas the women are a more finesse and volley style. I have enjoyed watching the mens national team alot but I think I prefer the womens style of volleyball.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    I asked HCCL about men vs womens volleyball and he compared the two to mens and womens tennis. The men are more power whereas the women are a more finesse and volley style. I have enjoyed watching the mens national team alot but I think I prefer the womens style of volleyball.
                    I totally agree. I haven't watched men's volleyball in person but what I've seen on TV is impressive in it's speed and power, but less interesting and entertaining.

Comment

This really is a pretty big deal. I hope the local media plays it up. If I understand their schedule right, they only play 6 games in the USA and 2 of them are in Wichita.

Comment

Took in the USA vs Argentina men's volleyball match tonight and enjoyed it immensely.

As has been pointed out this is a different animal than what you will see the women play. Different but still very entertaining and if you like high-flying power in your sports you would definitely have enjoyed tonights match.

Argentina defeated the USA in Friday's match 3-1. It looked like they were well on their way to making that 2 in a row after winning set 1 by 25-22 after jumping to early 5-1 lead. Argentina then jumped out to an early 12-5 lead in set 2 and the USA team looked dead-in-the-water. The USA switched setters at that point and made a great come back to take a 27-25 win to even the match. The USA pretty much controlled Sets 3 and 4 winning 25-19 and 25-16.

In addition to the change at setter I thought the USA got a big lift off the bench from 6-6 lefty Carson Clark both on the attack and at the service line.

6-9 Matt Anderson lead the USA with 14 kills and 2 aces and is an absolute stud. His high-flying back row attacks are something to behold.

Argentina did have the best save of the night with a terrific back to the net kick save to keep a point alive.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 9, 2013, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Took in the USA vs Argentina men's volleyball match tonight and enjoyed it immensely.

As has been pointed out this is a different animal than what you will see the women play. Different but still very entertaining and if you like high-flying power in your sports you would definitely have enjoyed tonights match.

Argentina defeated the USA in Friday's match 3-1. It looked like they were well on their way to making that 2 in a row after winning set 1 by 25-22 after jumping to early 5-1 lead. Argentina the jumped out to an early 12-5 lead in set 2 and the USA team looked dead-in-the-water. The USA switch setters at that poing and made a great come back to win take a 27-25 win to even the match. The USA pretty much controlled Sets 2 and 3 winning 25-19 and 25-16.

In addition to the change at setter I thought the USA got a big lift off the bench from 6-6 lefty Carson Clark both on the attack and at the service line.

6-9 Matt Anderson lead the USA with 14 kills and 2 aces and is an absolute stud. His high-flying back row attacks are something to behold.

Argentina did have the best save of the night with a terrific back to the net kick save to keep a point alive.
                          My wife and I had planned to go. But then after this weeks events, we decided not to go.
                          Last edited by shox1989; June 9, 2013, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                            My wife and I had planned to go. But then after this weeks events, we decided not to go.
                            Glad you took it out on the US men's volleyball team.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                              Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Glad you took it out on the US men's volleyball team.
                              This. Sometimes it's better not saying anything at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X