No announcement yet.

Wichita Tournament This Fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creighton's schedule shows they play Hawaii on Friday, 9/20 at 5:00 pm (which is in sync with Hawaii's schedule). I assume Wichita State vs South Dakota would follow.

Creighton's schedule has them playing South Dakota on Saturday at 5:00 pm. I assume Wichita State vs Hawaii will follow.

Creighton's schedule shows them playing the Shockers on Sunday at 2:00 pm. My guess is that will be the only match on Sunday.

Hawaii no doubt wants Sunday as a travel day, thus the scheduling of their match with South Dakota on Thursday. It remains to be seen how the Missouri State match will be worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
      The schedule PDF shows 7 PM but their schedule page shows 6 PM. Hmmm. Like you said, we'll just have to wait to see how it shakes out.
      6:00 makes some sense in terms of being able to start the HA vs SD match at 8:00 although how many times do the Shocks and Bears play 5 set matches.

Normally, the Shocks and Bears play their matches on Friday nights so it looks like the Bears already agreed to a change to accomodate the Shocks tournament.

As you said with what appears right now to be 4 matches in 4 days perhaps it's a good thing that one of those four is not as strong as the other three opponents.

Comment

BTW, in addition to KSU playing a road match at Missouri State, I see that KU is playing a road match at Creighton.

What an opportunity missed to grow the sport of volleyball in the State of Kansas. But we are talking about the Jaycats and the Wildhawks I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          BTW, in addition to KSU playing a road match at Missouri State, I see that KU is playing a road match at Creighton.

What an opportunity missed to grow the sport of volleyball in the State of Kansas. But we are talking about the Jaycats and the Wildhawks I guess.
          That's the issue all across the board...and before anyone thinks that we are just whining as Little Brother (or Sister for volleyball), if Washburn suddenly became a Division I school and joined a small, lower-level conference like the Summit or something like that, I would have absolutely no problem with WSU playing them on a regular basis. You play the games because it is the right thing to do for sports fans in this state. "66-65" billboards don't happen if games are played on a regular basis.
          78-65

Comment

I think the last time we played KSU in Wichita we drew 6,000 fans and there was certainly more than an average amount of interest in the KU-WSU NCAA match in Lawrence this year.

Comment

Creighton opens the season ranked pre-season #25.... right behind your #24 ranked Shockers.

Comment

Wait, I thought Creighton automatically starts in front of us since they're in the big, bad ass Big East?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Wait, I thought Creighton automatically starts in front of us since they're in the big, bad ass Big East?
                  the Big East may be a "bad ass" MBB league, but in volleyball, they're pretty much equal to the MVC, if not a step down. Creighton and Marquette may be fairly good, Xavier isn't all that bad. Kind of like how WSU, UNI, and (MSU or Illinois State, depending on the year) tend to be in the MVC. Then the rest of the Big East is similar to the rest of the MVC.

I'm surprised UNI made a couple ballots (either #25 on three ballots, or a #25 and a #24), but then coaches (or whoever they have fill out their ballots for them) sometimes just kind of go off of last years final results as opposed to how teams are looking this year.

Comment

They're good. We'll whip 'em.

#WatchUsDisemboweltheJays

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
                      the Big East may be a "bad ass" MBB league, but in volleyball, they're pretty much equal to the MVC, if not a step down. Creighton and Marquette may be fairly good, Xavier isn't all that bad. Kind of like how WSU, UNI, and (MSU or Illinois State, depending on the year) tend to be in the MVC. Then the rest of the Big East is similar to the rest of the MVC.

I'm surprised UNI made a couple ballots (either #25 on three ballots, or a #25 and a #24), but then coaches (or whoever they have fill out their ballots for them) sometimes just kind of go off of last years final results as opposed to how teams are looking this year.
                      I personally don't even think the Big East basketball is all that bad ass. Yeah, you have a couple "hot" teams, but there's a whole lot of blah in there too. Creighton will be entering the blah area after this year.

The Big East was made by Louisville, Syracuse, Connecticut, etc. Those were the powers. DePaul, Seton Hall, Providence are all terrible.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I don't really follow basketball much, other than a passing interest in the MVC teams. So my analysis in that regard may be off, was just parroting what I'd picked up secondhand via sportstalk radio and the like. But Creighton's move to the Big East was definitely fueled by basketball (and of course, money, or at least the dangling carrot of money, whether or not it actually materializes) and not volleyball.

Comment

Working...
                        X