No announcement yet.

It's time for a new facility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new facility for VB and W-BB would help with recruiting and assist WSU in taking the next step up with VB. How incredible would it be to attend a game in a sold out 5k facility with the fans right on top of the action. And Loud!

Additionally, the W-BB could use it as a recruiting tool and get some home-field advantage. CKA is great - for the men. But attending a women's BB game in an arena that is 80% full reminds me of K-State's men's OoC game at the octagon. It's pretty dismal.

Without football, I full expect WSU to invest money saved in taking the other sports facilities up a notch or two. The AD has done well with M-BB. Now let's get the competitive edge in other sports.

Build it!

Comment

I almost never say never anymore, but I'm close to saying this is never going to happen. 1. Facilities at Koch are excellent for VB. 2. If Cessna gets torn down, it will be for academic purposes and a new track facility will be built off campus. That is the state of current thinking by new prez jb. ADES needs to focus on keeping Chris Lamb on board for another ten years, and he will have done his job. The new dormitory about to commence construction is stage one of campus revitalization. JB has made it clear, without hitting anyone over the head with it, that D1 football is the only game he would consider, and that the cost is prohibitive, and that WSU needs the Cessna land for future academic expansion.
      "Two dribbles and a ham sandwich" ~ Gregg Marshall
      Wichita State, a team long on grit, made everything it shot. ~ Normal, Ill. newspaper 2/19/13

Comment

Working...
      X