2024-25 Shocker VB Preseason Discussion and News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024-25 Shocker VB Preseason Discussion and News

The Shocker Hall of Fame awaits I would think. Not sure Chris and Shannon shouldn't go in together when the time comes.

Sorry, to those without Instagram accounts. I enjoy Instagram, but it’s very addictive…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

In case you were wondering what the nature of Gabi Maas's injury was. Will she even be available to play this season?

Comment

Not a bad haul from Under Armour.

Comment

Hopefully our last one.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Hopefully our last one.
            Any thoughts on who you think will replace them?

Comment

2 options.....The evil Pacific NW behemoth (it is what it is) or another company willing to pay WSU Athletics somewhere in the neighborhood of $5-10M per to wear their gear.

Comment

Gotta go back to the “Swoosh”… hold our noses and get it done yesterday. Especially with the recent ‘number one’ rated logo… strike when the irons hot. We can become a national brand once again.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  Gotta go back to the “Swoosh”… hold our noses and get it done yesterday. Especially with the recent ‘number one’ rated logo… strike when the irons hot. We can become a national brand once again.
                  Pretty sure our contract is up after this school year. I have faith in the Administration making a good deal for 25-26.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    In case you were wondering what the nature of Gabi Maas's injury was. Will she even be available to play this season?

Who knew that there was a timed test on media day? Is 10 minutes 36 seconds a good test time?

Wonder if Gabi is gonna be healthy for the season, hope so. If not, maybe she is going to take a medical redshirt, if she can. She is just a junior.

Comment

Hopefully our last one.
                      Cuz?? Maybe this has been discussed, and I missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

There's a lot of hate for Under Armor on this board and I'm not entirely sure where it comes from outside of people hating the number 5 on the uniforms.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

That's good question and different people will have different thoughts. First and foremost is the money. Does UA offer the Shocks the best financial package. I have no idea? I assume they did when WSU first signed with them. I think there is a perceptions that athletes much prefer the Nike branding to the UA branding and perhaps that hurts recruiting a little bit. I have never heard a coach complain about that, so not sure that perception is a reality or not. There is the upside down 2 as a 5 that looks like an S but I really doubt that is the main reason for most. Others could probably opine on this far better than I can.

Comment

2 options.....The evil Pacific NW behemoth (it is what it is) or another company willing to pay WSU Athletics somewhere in the neighborhood of $5-10M per to wear their gear.

I am almost for sure it will be Nike. As it should be - recruits want to wear Nike shoes and get Nike gear. Shallow? Maybe. But also what they grew up wearing and are used to. Nike undoubtedly makes the best basketball shoes on the market outside of Li Ning and New Balance and I doubt we’ll be wearing any of those lol. He who shall not be named royally ****ed up with the UA deal in terms of our branding imo.

Marshall wanted Nike for a reason. The best wear the best.
                            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X