Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's it .. i'm buying a Baddie t-shirt

Comment

Addie hits her 3rd dinger of the game. 4-4. That ball was smoked.

Also, looked like a lot of baseball is in attendance. Good for them! Saw Mo, Jordan, Seth, Jaden...many others.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Would be nice to get a 5-inng run-rule tonight with the Shocks only having to pitch 4. I assume the Shocks will be home team. But what do I know.
        Got your Wish

Comment

Would be nice to get a 5-inng run-rule tonight with the Shocks only having to pitch 4. I assume the Shocks will be home team. But what do I know.
          Good call.

Comment

13-0 run rule final. Howell and Cooper combine on a 5 inning 2 hitter and Addie B powers the offense with 3 HRs and a double in 4 ABs.

Tulsa tomorrow at 230pm. Go Shocks​
            Last edited by WuDrWu; May 8, 2024, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Not bad for a troll in the basement.

I kid because I care.

Comment

Wednesday Results

East Carolina 4-0 UAB

Memphis 1-7 North Texas

South Florida 1-2 Tulsa

UTSA 0-13(5) Shockers

Thursday Games

East Carolina v North Texas

Tulsa v Shockers
                Last edited by flyingMoose; May 9, 2024, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

BTW, I'm staying away from this (for now at least) but the PBP guy talked about Kristi saying the pitchers struggled early and that social media was part of the problem. He has yet to mention Shockernet by name, but it's early.
                  I’m sorry but it doesn’t get any weaker than to blame social media for your performance on the field. That is one of the lamest excuses I’ve ever heard be put out there before. And it’s absolutely an excuse. The fact that the WSU media puppets are doubling down on it is even more embarrassing.

Talk about creating an unnecessary riff when the athletic department is begging for attendance and money. So freaking tone deaf.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Calling for a 5-inning run rule wasn't exactly a major insight. The Shocks are now 4-0 vs UTSA on the season with every game being a 5- inning run rule game.

I think this moves Addie into the 90 career home run club. What a career.

Only negative is the game does nothing for our RPI.

A nice warm up. Real tournament starts tomorrow for the Shocks.

Comment

Shocks face off tomorrow against 5 seed Tulsa at 2:30 pm.

Maura Moore went 6 innings tonight with Kylee Nash pitching the 7th inning in Tulsa's 2-1 win over USF. I expect Nash to to get the start agaisnt the Shockers tomorrow with Moore available in the wings if Nash runs into trouble. I would not expect to see any of Tulsa's other pitchers unless Tulsa gets out to a big lead or the Shocks get to both Nash and Moore..

Not sure who the Shocks will counter with but my guess is they will go with Chloe. If the Shocks get past Tulsa I think the Shocks will start Aiison vs FAU with Lauren and Alex waiting in the wings. if they make it to Sunday they come back with Chloe. But that's a lot of ifs and buts to get from here to there so will see how it plays out.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 9, 2024, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I’m sorry but it doesn’t get any weaker than to blame social media for your performance on the field. That is one of the lamest excuses I’ve ever heard be put out there before. And it’s absolutely an excuse. The fact that the WSU media puppets are doubling down on it is even more embarrassing.

Talk about creating an unnecessary riff when the athletic department is begging for attendance and money. So freaking tone deaf.
                        This was not WSU media personnel calling this game. I am not sure who the PBP guy, who was just okay, was but the color commentator was Cat Osterman who I thought was pretty solid.

Speaking of WSU media personnel is Steve Strain no longer involved with the PBP for WSU Women;s games?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          Girls are putting on a show tonight
                          I take it you were not referring to UTSA's defensive play, or maybe you were, It was quite a show.

Comment

This was not WSU media personnel calling this game. I am not sure who the PBP guy, who was just okay, was but the color commentator was Cat Osterman who I thought was pretty solid.

Speaking of WSU media personnel is Steve Strain no longer involved with the PBP for WSU Women;s games?
                            My bad. I forgot it was tournament games now. I assumed the host school was using their people. Nevermind with that point then.

Havent heard Strain in a while now that you mention it. He lists in his Twitter bio that he’s the radio voice for Shocker women’s basketball. Must only be doing that now.
                            Last edited by ShockerFever; May 9, 2024, 05:09 AM.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I take it you were not referring to UTSA's defensive play, or maybe you were, It was quite a show.
                              There is definitely a term for that type of show too

Comment

Are we allowed to talk about the poor play of opposing teams or is that out of bounds as well? Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Comment

Working...
                                X