Shocker SB v Tulsa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Critter's Pa View Post

I think it says "single to catcher" now on the stats. More impressive than "single to center" considering the bases were loaded and no one was put out.
    It's possible I misread it. My eyes are not great anymore as I wait for my cataracts to ripen on top of my macular puckers. Anyway it counts the same and will look the same on the box score.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

It's possible I misread it. My eyes are not great anymore as I wait for my cataracts to ripen on top of my macular puckers. Anyway it counts the same and will look the same on the box score.
      Yea, wasn't trying to bash you, just thought it was funny. Tulsa had completely given up in the 5th. The pitcher was barely throwing, on that last play they could have made an attempt at tagging the runner coming from 3rd, but they didn't even try.

Comment

Other Saturday Games

FAU 4-2 Charlotte

North Texas 3-4(8) UAB
        The Blazers answered one in the eighth by NTU with two of their own.

USF 10-3 Memphis

UTSA 2-10(6) East Carolina
        Last edited by flyingMoose; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yea, wasn't trying to bash you, just thought it was funny. Tulsa had completely given up in the 5th. The pitcher was barely throwing, on that last play they could have made an attempt at tagging the runner coming from 3rd, but they didn't even try.
          I didn't think you were. The live stats and PBP are nice to have when one is unable to watch the video stream but they clearly don't come close to providing the flavor and gist of what is happening.

Then nice thing about ESPN+ is that if I have the chance I can go back and watch the game.

Comment

​image.png

Not sure it was a lost minute change are just an error in the tweet but Chloe has the start in this game. My guess is just an oversight since Alison pitched a full 5 innings yesterday.

​​​

Comment

Chloe is fighting it a bit. 2 walks, a wild pitch and two stolen bases in the first and after 2-outs in the 2nd 2 more walks but she left all 4 of those runners stranded. But she is playing with fire.

Really nice play by Sami at 2nd in the 1st inning. Not sure CC would have gotten to that one.

Comment

In the bottom of the 2nd Krystin delivers a 2-out 2-run double to put the Shocks up 2-0. Krystin thrown out at 3rd trying to stretch it to a triple.

Chloe almost gives up the cycle to Tulsa in the top of the 3rd. Walk, double, single and a 3-run home run puts Tulsa up 4-2. Lauren Howell comes on in relief with 1-out. Gives up a double in between an infield popup and a strikeout to end the Tulsa at bat.

Tulsa has 4 stolen bases in 3 innings, so free passes are not a good thing to give to Tulsa.

Addie sits on a change-up and homers to center leading off the bottom of the 3rd to cut the Tulsa lead to 1 after 3 innings.

In the top of the 4th an infield single with 1 out and a 2-out home run extends Tulsa's lead to 6-3 That was followed by a walk and a stolen base before fly ball to left ended the Tulsa at bat. Tulsa picks up 2 more stolen bases and now has 6 steals in 4 innings.

A lead off home run by Tulsa in the top of the 5th makes it 7-3 Tulsa. Alison came on in relief of Lauren after the home run. The top of the Shocker order goes down in order in the bottom half of the inning.

in the Top of the 6th Tulsa got a lead off single and stolen base #7 of the game. Alison induced in infield popup and Lainee finally threw the Tulsa baserunner trying to steal 3rd. A walk was followed by a sharply hit single to right that was misplayed by Taylor allowing the runner from 1st to score extending the Tulsa lead to 8-3.

In the bottom of the 6th the Shockers got a Burbs single and a Sami double to put runners on 2nd and 3rd with not outs but could not score either of them as Caroline, Lainee and Sierra could only produce a soft humpback liner to 2nd, a weak grounder back to the pitcher and a weak grounder to first.

If you didn't think things could get worse you would be wrong. In the top of the 7th a single to right, a single to right, a ground out to short, a hit by pitch, an error by Sierra at short, a walk, and a grand slam by maybe the smallest player on Tulsa's team and Tulsa is up 14-3. After giving up a ground single up the middle and a walk Alison finally ended the misery with 2 strikeouts.

Leading off the bottom half of the 7th the Tulsa shortstop played a shallow pop up to left into a double. After CC lofted a can of corn to left Addie hit her 2nd home run of the day over the right center field wall. Taylor walked and Burbs singled but Sami lofted a clone of CC's can of corn to left and Mila, pinch hitting for Caroline grounded out to short to end the game. Tulsa 14 - Wichita State 5.

Abby, Burbs and Kristen were pretty good today. No one else showed up and Tulsa dominated.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Unless we roll into a long winning streak, we will have to win the conference tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Unless we roll into a long winning streak, we will have to win the conference tournament.
                    I was going to post that exact thing. But the way we are playing and pitching this year it is hard to be hopeful that a long winning streak is in the offing.

Comment

Other Sunday Games

Florida Atlantic 5-3 Charlotte

North Texas 6-8 UAB

UTSA 3-4 East Carolina
                      Two in the sixth and one one the seventh give the Pirates the win

USF 9-6 Memphis

Florida Atlantic have three losses, Tulsa and North Texas have five losses, and the Shockers and Charlotte have six losses.

The standings against each other are-

3-0 North Texas
                      4-2 Florida Atlantic
                      3-3 Charlotte
                      3-6 Shockers
                      2-4 Tulsa
                      Last edited by flyingMoose; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X