No announcement yet.

Shocks @ SIU and Evansville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously next Friday's match with UNI has huge implications for the Lady Shocks aspirations for both the regular season and the post-season.

Time for Shocker fans to make a statement also. I believe tickets are two-for-one for the UNI match.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 20, 2012, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Creighton remains the only Valley school listed in the AVCA Poll - RV and 28, a move up from 32 the previous week. They are 34 in the RK Poll with a Pablo of 32, while UNI is 39 and 37, respectively.

Comment

@flyingMoose:, I show CU at #34, WSU at #36 and UNI at #46 in the RKPI. Pablo does have the Jays @ 32, UNI @ 37 and the Shocks @ 39.

For interest, Oklahoma has a big gap between their RKPI of 21 and their Pablo of 43.

Other rankings listed as RKPI, Pablo

Tennessee 16, 15
        BYU 15, 12
        Colorado State 39, 34
        Auburn 67, 80
        KU 8, 16
        KSU 12, 17
        OU 21, 43
        SIU 77, 91
        ISU 98, 92

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          @flyingMoose, I show CU at #34, WSU at #36 and UNI at #46 in the RKPI. Pablo does have the Jays @ 32, UNI @ 37 and the Shocks @ 39.
          Rich Kern has his own set of poll voters and his own poll, analogous to the AVCA poll, and then he also has his RKPI which is intended to replicate the NCAA RPI (and does for the Valley schools mentioned). As a non-subscriber (boo, me!!), I only have access to the RK Poll and not RKPI or Pablo. I can only report the Pablo if a Valley school is listed in the RK Poll.

Since you appear to be a subscriber, I should probably just defer and let you report all the numbers rather than my incomplete set.

http://www.richkern.com/vb/rankings/FreePageRankings.asp

http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weeklyrpi/2012WVBrpi1.html

Comment

Would one of you guys that is much more knowledgeable than me on volleyball rankings, please explain what Pablo is and how all of these different ratings are used. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum View Post
              ... how all of these different ratings are used.
              Let's start with this one. As I understand it, the NCCA relies heavily on the RPI when selecting at-large teams for the Tournament. (Others please comment. This could well be the blind leading the blind.) Neither polls nor Pablo are used.

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum View Post
              please explain what Pablo is ... . Thanks in advance.
              Pablo is a statistical team-strength-comparison tool. I can't find the explanation for Pablo I once found, but if you Google "pablo volleyball", there is a PDF file explaining Pablo available at middlehitter.com. There may be another explanation buried in richkern.com that is available to subscribers.

Comment

the "pablo FAQ" from richkern can be found here: http://www.richkern.com/vb/rankings/PabloFAQ.asp

basically, it's a ranking system. take it for what it's worth.

Also, I'd like to say that if you are interested in collegiate volleyball nationally, richkern.com is a most excellent resource and well worth the yearly subscription fee.

Comment

Congrats to Chelsey Feekin on being selected the MVC POW (for the 2nd time this year I believe):

However, I am sure Chelsey would gladly give-up those honors in heartbeat in exchange for a win over UNI this coming Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                    Let's start with this one. As I understand it, the NCCA relies heavily on the RPI when selecting at-large teams for the Tournament. (Others please comment. This could well be the blind leading the blind.) Neither polls nor Pablo are used.

Pablo is a statistical team-strength-comparison tool. I can't find the explanation for Pablo I once found, but if you Google "pablo volleyball", there is a PDF file explaining Pablo available at middlehitter.com. There may be another explanation buried in richkern.com that is available to subscribers.
                    Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
                    the "pablo FAQ" from richkern can be found here: http://www.richkern.com/vb/rankings/PabloFAQ.asp

basically, it's a ranking system. take it for what it's worth.

Also, I'd like to say that if you are interested in collegiate volleyball nationally, richkern.com is a most excellent resource and well worth the yearly subscription fee.
                    Thanks guys.

Comment

Discover the current NCAA Division I Women's Volleyball leaders in every stats category, as well as historic leaders.
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                      X