Shocks @ SIU and Evansville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks @ SIU and Evansville

The Shocks start the 2nd half of MVC play wih one of two remaining road trips. Friday the Shocks take on the much improved SIU Salukis at 7:00 pm. SIU knocked off Creighton in Carbondale 3 weeks ago so they are certainly capable of beating the Lady Shocks.

If the Shocks can get by the Salukis they take on Evansville on short rest with a 5 pm match on Saturday. On paper the Shocks shouldn't have too much trouble with the Aces, but that's what I thought last year when the Shocks visited Evansville and left with a 5-set loss.

Hopefully, the Ladies will respond well to having had a full week to rest, practice and scheme since last Friday's good road win over MSU and will ready to get the 2nd half off to a good start.

:poster_shocks:

Total collapse at the end of game 1 for the Shocks. Leading 20-16, SIU takes a timeout and upon retaking the floor, scores 6 unanswered points (despite 2 WSU timeouts to attempt to stem the tide) to take a 22-20 lead and finish out the set 25-23. I have a feeling that is going to be mentally difficult to overcome. Disastrous start on the road.

In other Valley action, UNI spotted ISUB a 7-1 lead in game 1 but came back to take it 25-22. ISUR torched Bradley 25-11 and Evansville took game 1 at home against the still struggling Bears of Missouri State 27-25.

Travel partners, Creighton and Drake, play tomorrow.

Comment

Shows what I know....Shocks take control of set 3 fairly early and cruise to a 25-18 win. Tied at 1 going to the 3rd.

UNI pounds the Trees 25-11 in set 2, BU puts up a fight but still falls again 25-23 and MSU is about to go down 0-2 to Evansville.

Comment

You dont know didley. Luv ya Doc.

Here is a piece of OT info for those fans of ALL Shocker sports: Deontae Hawkins will not play for the Shockers.

Lets Go Ladies!! Take those puppies out!

Comment

Shocks pound SIU in set 3 25-15 and start set 4 up 3-0.

Comment

Why do we have to play bad to play good?

Comment

I just watched Indiana blow a 3rd set 24-19 lead and they are now tied at 24...so it could have been worse in the 1st set...

Comment

Hi guys, been listening but just got home. This team's seemingly allergic reaction to 1st sets coninues to be a mystery.

Really don't want this match to go to a 5th set. Shocks just need to play clean and make SIU beat them, don't give them anything. SIU will definitley give us everything they have.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 19, 2012, 08:41 PM.

Comment

UNI clear cuts the Trees in 3 sets 25-22, 25-11 & 25-23. The Redbirds scalp Bradley 25-11, 25-23, 25-20 and Missouri State snatches defeat from the jaws of victory in set 3 and are swept by the Pimps 27-25, 25-23 & 27-25.

Comment

Guess I was wrong...Indiana pulled of the win of the 3rd set...

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      UNI clear cuts the Trees in 3 sets 25-22, 25-11 & 25-23. The Redbirds scalp Bradley 25-11, 25-23, 25-20 and Missouri State snatches defeat from the jaws of victory in set 3 and are swept by the Pimps 27-25, 25-23 & 27-25.
                      Cue Spangler in 5...4...3...2...1...

Comment

20-16. No deja vu Shocks!

Comment

Great point Shocks!:yahoo:

Comment

Maybe we need to play a warm up set against the 2nd team before matches...

Comment

Good job Shocks. Nice road win against a dangerous team. Evansville sweep of MSU makes me wonder what awaits us tomorrow evening. I know MSU is struggling somewhat but Evansville has not exactly been stellar this year. Hopefully, they didn't figure something out tonight against MSU.

I'll be in Kansas City tomorrow and won't be able to follow the match. Good luck, Ladies, go get 'em.

Comment

Working...
                              X