No announcement yet.

Shocker SB at Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Win or lose Alison has been very good in the circle in this game. Gave the Shocks a chance and Addie finally delivered the big clutch hit and the Shocks have a chance.

Comment

So I'm guessing the KU must have scored in the bottom of the 8th????????????

I guess I was right. KU 6 - WSU 5

Hate to see Alison have to take a loss on that one. Certainly not her fault.

Sami's absence may have cost us this one.

Comment

I hate KU

Comment

Any particular reason with the winning run on 3rd and a runner on 2nd and only one out that we didn't intentionally load the bases to get a force anywhere?

Can't see it because Ku is a rinky dink operation unless they're paying salaries or lawyer fees for men's basketball, but it looked like a ground ball that at least might have been able to force home or turn 2 to get out of it?

I don't know why I'm worried about it tbh.......

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Any particular reason with the winning run on 3rd and a runner on 2nd and only one out that we didn't intentionally load the bases to get a force anywhere?

Can't see it because Ku is a rinky dink operation unless they're paying salaries or lawyer fees for men's basketball, but it looked like a ground ball that at least might have been able to force home or turn 2 to get out of it?

Same here. Maybe the batter struck out all day…who knows.

I could go on and on about some of the coaching decisions this year, but I can write what I know about softball on a small notepad, so what do I know.

Comment

Same.

Comment

Like you said, there is only one out. Force anywhere is no good. In the game situation, the runner at third is going on contact. If she is thrown out, they still have a runner at third.
                Last edited by flyingMoose; March 12, 2024, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  So I'm guessing the KU must have scored in the bottom of the 8th????????????

I guess I was right. KU 6 - WSU 5

Hate to see Alison have to take a loss on that one. Certainly not her fault.

Sami's absence may have cost us this one.
                  And the first FAU game.

Comment

I've noticed that is something HCKB just generally likes to do as I have seen it many times. Maybe she doesn't trust her pitchers enough to put them in a situation where they have to throw strikes. But bottom line that is consistent with her general philosophy in that situation from what I have observed.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 13, 2024, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I've notice that is something HCKB just generally like to do as I have seen in many times. Maybe she doesn't trust her pitchers enough to put them in a situation where they have to throw strikes. But bottom line that is consistent with her general philosophy in that situation from what I have observed.
                      See above.

Comment

Working...
                      X