Shocker SB at Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker SB at Kansas

This week's mid-week games are a DH at Kansas on Tuesday with the first game starting at 3 pm.

The Jayhawk's record for the season is 14-7-1 with two runs-ahead wins against UTSA. They opened their Big XII season last weekend, winning one of three games against UCF.

The leading hitters for KU are Presley Limbaugh (OPS of 1.114), Campbell Bagshaw (.947), and Lyric Moore (.944 and a team-leading four homers, half of the team total of eight). The pitching staff is Katie Brooks (ERA of 1.94 and WHIP of 1.64) and Kasey Hamilton (2.56 and 1.13). These two have 80% of the innings this year. Hamilton has shutouts against ranked Texas A&M and against UCF.

The primary sticks for the Shockers are CC (1.285 and five homers), Addison (1.189 and seven homers), and Bailey (.900). Taylor (with four homers) and Sami are above .800. The performance of the pitching staff has been commented on profusely the past few days. Chloe's numbers are starting to join the rest of the crowd.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; March 11, 2024, 05:09 PM.

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    The leading hitters for KU are...Bagshaw Campbell (.947)...
    I had to check that name out on KU's roster because I was wondering who would name their daughter Bagshaw. Fortunately, for this young lady Bagshaw is her last name and Campbell is her first name. Thought we might have a Boy Name Sue kind of thing going on here.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I had to check that name out on KU's roster because I was wondering who would name their daughter Bagshaw. Fortunately, for this young lady Bagshaw is her last name and Campbell is her first name. Thought we might have a Boy Name Sue kind of thing going on here.
      I didn't bother looking it up, but I was wondering who the hell would name their daughter Bagshaw. Glad you clarified that.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I didn't bother looking it up, but I was wondering who the hell would name their daughter Bagshaw. Glad you clarified that.
        Me, too. I thought, "That's weird. Some family name I guess" as I was typing and did not bother to double-check. Had the numbers on my brain. Corrected.
        Last edited by flyingMoose; March 11, 2024, 10:11 PM.

Comment

First, middle or last…I’d still change it.

Comment

Florida Atlantic is RV in the ESPN poll, the only AAC team receiving votes in either poll.
            Last edited by flyingMoose; March 12, 2024, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Game One

Lineup: CC, Addison, Taylor, Baylor, Lainee, Caroline, Sophie, MIla, Krystin with Alex in the circle. Katie Brooks is pitching for KU. Bagshaw, Campbell is batting fifth. :)

Comment

Was hoping we might get Sami back for this. Not encouraging.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Agreed. I meant to mention that. Six full days now.

Perhaps we will be enlightened by the Show tonight. I assume it was recorded last night. And showtime is? I forget.

Comment

On her radio show last night I believe KCKB said Sami would be out 4 to 6 weeks.

Comment

An early threat for the Shocks in the first as CC reaches on an infield error and Addie follow with an infield single. Taylor's sac bunt turns into a force at third. An out later, Lainee walks to load the bases, but Caroline flys out. No score in the middle of the first.

A single and a hit batter start the Jayhawk first. A double scores one, still with no outs. Alex gets the next three batters including a K to end the inning. KU 1-0 after one.

Three consecutive outs in the second for the Shockers. Alex works around a one-out error, ending the inning with another K. 1-0 after two.

CC opens the third with a triple, and Addie walks on four pitches. No Plus, so who knows. Addie promptly steals second, of course. No outs. After Tylor Fans, Bailey walks on four pitches to load the bases with one out. That was surely intentional. 3-2 on Lainee and a big delay in the LiveStats. Seventeen foul balls? Probably not. A force out at second but KU cannot turn the DP. CC scores to tie the game. Caroline grounds out to end the inning. 1-1 in the middle of the third.

The Jayhawks double to start their half of the third. Alex gets the next three batters including another K. 1-1 after three.

Pick up the play-by-play further down.
                      Last edited by flyingMoose; March 12, 2024, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

On her radio show last night I believe KCKB said Sami would be out 4 to 6 weeks.
                        4 to 6 weeks? Ouch. I assume in keeping with the “WSU policy”, they didn’t elaborate on what it is.

Either way, that’s a lot of the season. I also assume Sierra is also out a while, thus making Taylor effectively the third string SS…which she’s done well enough thus far I think.

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post

4 to 6 weeks? Ouch. I assume in keeping with the “WSU policy”, they didn’t elaborate on what it is.

Either way, that’s a lot of the season. I also assume Sierra is also out a while, thus making Taylor effectively the third string SS…which she’s done well enough thus far I think.
                          You assume correctly. No details on what her injury or condition is. HCKB mention Sierra briefly saying she was out but providing no time table.

Comment

Alex did well escaping the 1st with only 1 run scoring.

Comment

No TV or streaming I guess. I would love to have seen CC short-striding it around the bases for a triple.

Comment

Working...
                              X