X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    It's my understanding there will be summer work, somehow. Perhaps this isn't new, but in the past there wasn't much in the team activity until early August.

I certainly could be misinformed.
    We could use it I think. Sounds like Emerson is going to be carrying quite a load on her shoulders this year. Morgan's foot is apparently fragile. If she goes down then it is Sarah and Maddie backed up by Haley and Allie in the middle. Who knows what we are going to get on the left side or on the right side for that matter. Hopefully, Emerson is up to the task.

Fortunately, Lambo doesn't have to spend much, if any, time grooming his littles.

I am actually looking forward to seeing how this team develops while at the same time trying to keep my expectations somewhat subdued.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 1, 2024, 03:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    It's my understanding there will be summer work, somehow. Perhaps this isn't new, but in the past there wasn't much in the team activity until early August.

I certainly could be misinformed.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    So it sounds like the key pieces will be a fully recovered Izzi who apparently had an injured wrist that has been in a cast, Morgan Stout who still has a foot issue they are dealing with and tiptoeing around very carefully, Emerson Wolford who they plan on using as a 6 rotation player, Wofford transfer Sarah Barham, and a versatile Maddie Wilson who they have been training on the outside as well as the middle along with his foursome of littles (Gabi,. Katie, Annalie and Reagan) for which he has high expectations.

Lambo is hoping that incoming freshmen 6-1 Nadia Wasilewski and 6-0 Gracie Morrow and TCU redshirt freshman transfer will be able to provide some scoring help on the outside but that remains to be seen as to how that develops..

Lambo spoke very highly of freshman setter Sarah Musial's spring after be pushed into a very busy setting role in Izzi's absence. She probably got more out of the Spring than anyone else although I am expecting a redshirt for Sarah as long as Izzi stays healthy. Apparently, Izzi did see some action towards the end of the Spring session and looked pretty good. Lambo praised Izzie with how she handled being sidelined and how supportive and helpful she was towards Sarah.

Brooklyn Leggett maintained her kill % but dropped her error % by about half this spring. The redshirt freshmen middles 6-3 Haley Wolfe and 6-2 Allie Paulsen got quite a bit of work this spring with Morgan mostly sidelined and Maddie getting a lot of work on the outside and they both made some decent progress in their games.

Talked about the trip to Brazil coming up in May. It is a 10 day trip in which they will play 3 matches against what Lambo is hoping will be at least at the Shockers level in not a bit higher. The team will have an additional 10 days of practice prior to departing for Brazil.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Best player on the best Wofford team ever. Lost in the 1st round of the NCAAs vs #2 Kentucky 17, 15, 16.

Sarah was 8-1-14 .500 with 3 BAs vs Kentucky. My guess is we find a spot for her.

Find us on social media.Twitter: https://twitter.com/WoffordTerriersInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/WoffordTerriers/Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/W...

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    RH: Podcast With Chris Lamb On Wichita State Volleyball

Listen to the podcast.

Wichita State volleyball coach Chris Lamb is with us to wrap up spring practices and scrimmages.

We get into how Emerson Wilford's role will increase and why her talents remind Lamb of former Shocker Emily Adney. He breaks down how he thinks Sarah Barham, a transfer from Wofford, and returner Morgan Stout will give the Shockers strong blocking in the middle next fall.

Point-scoring is a big question on Lamb's mind, so he discusses sophomore Maddie Wilson and her versatility as an attacker. To wrap up, Lamb talks about how Shocker coaches are using the transfer portal.

I don't believe I have heard about Sarah Barham, a transfer from Wofford previously. Looks like 6-1 MB who is either a 5th year Covid senior or grad transfer.

Looks like a solid player based on her stats at Wofford.

​​

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    I had previously heard that Izzi was not playing this spring due to an injury (I think someone mentioned a shoulder, but I am not totally sure about that) but I had not heard that Morgan Stout was not playing this spring as well. Katie and Emerson mentioned it but did not delve into very much.

Not sure I remembered them having trip to Brazil in May. Perhaps somehow connected to the recruitment of Ba Kohler, who has transferred to Florida Gulf Coast.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 11, 2024, 07:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    RH: Podcast on Shocker Volleyball with Katie Galligan, Emerson Wilford

​The RoundHouse | 4/10/2024 9:22:00 AM
    Listen to the podcast

We check in on spring volleyball with libero/DS Katie Galligan and outside hitter Emerson Wilford. They update us on the two newcomers, goals this spring and how the NIVC title helped set a high standard in the gym. We also talk about contentious game nights at the Galligan house and how their family lives shaped their college careers. We wrap up with a Morgan Weber appreciation segment before discussing Katie's future as an influencer and plans for the team's trip to Brazil in May.

Katie Galligan is a junior libero from Omaha, Neb. She recorded a career-high 20 digs in a win over Tulsa in the National Volleyball Invitational Championship.

Emerson Wilford is a junior outside hitter from Laguna Hills, Calf. She started 17 matches last season and had three double-doubles. She recorded a team-leading 11 kills and hit .214 in the NIVC title win at UTEP.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Definitely see Sarah Musial #11 in those posts.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    The Shocks were at K-State yesteday eveing for a scrimmate. Not find anything on my Shocker sources but K-State had quite a bit of info on their Volleyball twitter page.

Looks like they played 5 full sets with KSU pretty much dominating with scores of 25-12, 25-19, 25-13, 17-25 and 20-14 (last score posted on X).

As far as I know Izzi is not playing this spring due to an injury. Also keep in mind Lambo does a lot of experimenting in the spring so not sure one can read too much into these scores one way or the other.
    -

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Totally cryptic and a bit unusual:

I hope we don't get the follow-up on April 1st.
    Possibly a couple of Class of 2025 recruits: See finds by RoyalShock on the recruiting thread:

We have a class of '24 commitment. 6'1 OH from Missouri. https://twitter.com/nadiawslwski/status/1620119771416264704 Plenty of video on her Hudl page: https://www.hudl.com/profile/14552077/Nadia-Wasilewski

We have a class of '24 commitment. 6'1 OH from Missouri. https://twitter.com/nadiawslwski/status/1620119771416264704 Plenty of video on her Hudl page: https://www.hudl.com/profile/14552077/Nadia-Wasilewski
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 26, 2024, 02:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Totally cryptic and a bit unusual:

I hope we don't get the follow-up on April 1st.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    I sent an email to Paul Suellentrop suggesting a Roundhouse Podcast with Lambo after the Spring Scrimmage Season is over in mid-April. He responded that he is planning on doing that.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Sounds like Coach Katie made a good impression on Sarah Musial.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Did a little searching but not finding anything about the OU spring scrimmage last night.

Since none of the spring scrimmages are in Wichita this year perhaps Paul Suellentrop can do a Roundhoue Podcast with Lambo once they finish up the spring schedule.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Shocks scrimmaging OU this evening in Norman. Not sure we will hear much, if anything, about it unless a Shockernetter happens to be in attendance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X