No announcement yet.

Shocks @ Bradley and @ UNI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SIU victory over CU and the easy UNI victory over MSU, together with the close match when SIU played at MSU, makes me continue to believe that SIU will finish ahead of MSU in the conference race.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

The Eagle reports today the match against UNI tonight starts at 830pm.

Horseshit.

The time was set, not TBA. UNI did this obviously to gain an edge by ginning up their D2 money hemorrhaging football fans to attend the volleyball match after they play Phoenix U.

I hope we give them a ginormous shitburger tonight.

GO SHOX!

Comment

It's also on Cox 22 tonight along with metro sports in kc

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          The Eagle reports today the match against UNI tonight starts at 830pm.

Horseshit.

The time was set, not TBA. UNI did this obviously to gain an edge by ginning up their D2 money hemorrhaging football fans to attend the volleyball match after they play Phoenix U.

I hope we give them a ginormous shitburger tonight.

GO SHOX!

Doc, it's important to make the games available to your fans especially when they have ponied up big bucks for those combined VB/WBB season tickets. UNI has an obligation to let those fans get their 80 cents worth.

Personally, I think the Shocks should take it as a complement. I think the Shocks (overall sports) probably lead the league in special promotions, white outs, changed game times, etc. Those things happen for a reason and it ain't because were lousy. I can understand why UNI made the change. Maybe it will make a difference for UNI and maybe it won't we will see.

The game time has been out there for at least a week as Mike mentioned it last Saturday's post game show. However, I love it when you get fired up. Let's hope the Ladies are just as fired up.

As far as your final sentiment goes. That is undoubtedly impossible to take issue with, but I will settle for a 0-25, 0-25, 30-28, 32-30, 21-19 win and be just as happy.

Go Shocks!:wsu_posters:

Comment

Some interesting comments by Lambo last night in the post-game show. He said preparation for road games this year was particularly challenging because they have very limited access to a couple of players (Elizabeth and one other player whose name I did not catch) due to class schedules. Of course, this week almost everything they worked on was targeted at UNI.

This may have had somehting to do with the slow start against Bradley. He also said Bradley had changed changed there approach from what the Shocks had seen on tape and they had to make in match adjustments to that. Look at how the blocking improved as the match proceeded. However, I think Lambo thought the biggest reason may simple be that the Ladies were looking past the Braves and were not as focused at they need be. That should not be an issue tonight. I think the concern tonight is that the Ladies could be over-amped.

I don't believe this is a must win for the Shocks, but it would be a very big win for both MVC and NCAA purposes. If they could manage a win tonight followed up with a win on the road at OU on Wednesday they they will be cooking for gas and will have made quite a statement to build upon.

Go Shocks! :wsu_posters:

Comment

In the UNI - MSU match last night UNI outhit MSU .379 (48-9-103) to .120 (36-22-117). They outblocked the Bears 13-2.

There were only 2 service errors (and 3 aces) between the 2 teams. The Panthers were clearly in their comfort zone against the Bears.

Attendance was announced at 3,907. No sure how many of those 0.80 tickets actually get used though, but still I'm sure it was a very good crowd and would expect the same or more tonight vs the Shocks.

Comment

WSU 1, UNI 3 :dispirited:
                Last edited by SpanglerFan316; September 29, 2012, 10:27 PM.
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Shocks simply out-classed by a better VB team tonight in pretty much every phase of the game. It appears the gap between the Shocks and the Panthers has grown even wider for now. Back to the drawing board.

Comment

After sleeping on last night's dominating win by UNI over the Shocks I'm not feeling any better about it. In fact, I am trying to recall a worse beat-down suffered by the Shocks during my 8 years of following the program and I'm not sure I can think of any including some of the NCAA matches against Texas and Nebraska. Hopefully, last night's match has not left any permanent marks on the psyche of our young ladies.

If UNI wins at Creighton next Friday the MVC race, which I thought was going to be a real race this year, may very well be over.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

If UNI wins at Creighton next Friday the MVC race, which I thought was going to be a real race this year, may very well be over.
                      Don't get me wrong because I love the woman but I just heard Karla Burns warming up.

Comment

With the Creighton loss at Southern Illinois, there are no longer any Valley schools listed, even in RV, in the AVCA poll. UNI is 35 in the Rich Kern poll with a Pablo of 33. My guess is that Creighton now has a Pablo of 25 (they were in the teens last week) since that slot is the first not to be listed (and 35 is next) in the comparative rankings at RK.

Comment

Pablo has the Shocks at 62, RKPI at 54. Creighton is 35 and 27.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing how the Lady Shocks bounce back against a very good OU squad on Wednesday in Norman.

From my perspective, they don't need to win but I sure would like to see them play and compete well.

That match is at 6:00 pm and will also be televised on Kansas 22.

Comment

The NCAA has put out the first (I think) official RPI ranking of the season: http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weekly...12WVBrpi1.html

The MVC ranks lower than we've been accustomed to the past few seasons. Between that, and not many attention-grabbing wins by conference teams, does that put us in danger of maybe being a one-bid league this year for the first time in a long while?

26 Creighton
                              46 UNI
                              54 WSU
                              73 SIU
                              95 MSU
                              100 ILs
                              219 Bradley
                              222 Evansville
                              248 Drake
                              282 INS

Comment

I sure would like to see 45 teams that are better than UNI. I think the MVC will get at least 2 teams in, but our streak of getting at least 3 teams in may be over.

Comment

Working...
                                X