Shocks @ Bradley and @ UNI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks @ Bradley and @ UNI

The Shocks should handle Bradley tonight (Friday) at 7:00 pm in Peoria, although the Braves did extend a pretty good Northern Illinois team to 5 sets at home. It took a near miracle for the Shocks to take care of NIU in Dekalb. OTOH, UNI swept the Braves 15, 22, 19 in Peoria.

If the Shock can't handle the Braves then the UNI match becomes a MUST win. UNI has won the last 8 matches against the Shockers, but now that Bre Payton has moved on I don't think the Panthers are quites as formidable but they are still very good. They don't lose a lot at home.

The UNI match is Saturday at 8:30pm and will be televised on Kansas 22.

Go Shocks!

Sucks that UNI football decided to move their game back to 6 pm. Means the FB game won't be finished by the time VB starts. Not that any of y'all care about UNI football. I'm just venting. haha.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
      Sucks that UNI football decided to move their game back to 6 pm. Means the FB game won't be finished by the time VB starts. Not that any of y'all care about UNI football. I'm just venting. haha.
      What is this "uniball" (or "uni-football") of which you speak?
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Biggest surprise of the night = logging onto the computer and seeing we lost the 1st set

Comment

Originally posted by dregn View Post
          Biggest surprise of the night = logging onto the computer and seeing we lost the 1st set
          I was only able to listen to parts of the 1st set but the Shocks not only lost that set they were pretty much embarrassed. They trailed 24-16 before going on a 4-point run to make the final score closer than what it really was.

Shocks returned the favor in Set 2 hammering the Braves 25-13.

Comment

Shocks play a solid 3rd set winning 25-16 to go up 2-1. Shocks with 8 aces and seem to be blocking the ball well. Chesley having another very efficient match attacking. 8 kills, 1 error in 10 attacks.

Let's go Shocks absolutely do not want this to go to a 5th set with Bradley thinking they can win.

Comment

Northern Iowa roasted them some Bear tonight with a convincing sweep of MSU -- 19, 15 and 15. In view a somewhat surprisingly easy win for the Panthers.

Shocks better bring their A game tomorrow. Now let's buckle down and take care of business in Peoria.

Comment

Shocks finish of the Braves 3-1 after taking Set 4 by a 25-18 score. Final Score: 20-25, 25-16, 25-16 and 25-18.

Chelsey Feekin with the 1st triple-double in Lambo's tenure as Shocker head coach -- 10 kills, 37 assists and 13 digs. I have a feeling that will not be the last one of those for Chelsey.

Shocks had a season high 9 aces spread among 6 Shockers.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 28, 2012, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Creighton in the danger zone in Carbondale. SIU up 2-1 and with Set 4 tied at 21.

Update: SIU comes back from a 22-24 deficit and wins takes a 28-26 win in Set 4 and close out a 3-1 win over Creighton in probably the upset of the year so far in the Valley and certainly one of SIU's biggest wins in many years.

The match tomorrow night with UNI just got that much bigger for both UNI and the Shocks.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 28, 2012, 08:59 PM.

Comment

SIU saves 2 set points.

TO CU tied at 24.

Comment

Match point SIU

Comment

CU saves one, then gives up a service error for another match point.

CU saves another.

Match point #3 for SIU

SIU wins in 4.

Needless to say, didn't see that one coming. The SIU we played couldn't play the CU we played to 10 points. Just goes to show you...on any given night.

Comment

on one hand, it stinks to see Creighton lose, as it will knock them out of receiving votes in the coaches poll (or at least knock down their number). But it's nice to see UNI alone atop the conference standings.

The Panthers seem to be hitting their stride, after starting out the year with some issues and tentativeness. Should be an exciting match tommorrow night. UNI/WSU always tends to be a doozy.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
                            on one hand, it stinks to see Creighton lose, as it will knock them out of receiving votes in the coaches poll (or at least knock down their number). But it's nice to see UNI alone atop the conference standings.

The Panthers seem to be hitting their stride, after starting out the year with some issues and tentativeness. Should be an exciting match tommorrow night. UNI/WSU always tends to be a doozy.
                            I don't agree that it's all that nice to see UNI alone atop the conference standings. Hopefully, the Shocks can do something about that tomorrow but I have to admit it is a little scary how easily the Lady Panthers seemed to handle the Lady Bears tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stThings1st View Post
                              Congrats on a tough win. It is a W, move on. Surprised our setter is not getting more attention and press. I think she is one of the best we have ever had. We've had some of the best in the Valley. Chelsey has much more upside to utilize in the next two years. She is very talented, ask our middles.
                              As I said after the SMU tourney. It is a W and we have the best setter in the region! Congrats Chelsey!
                              GO SHOX!

Comment

Working...
                              X