SMU Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    There appears to be a decent showing of SHOCKERNATION at the game.

SMU helping the Shocks out with some mistakes and the Shocks are playing better. 18-13 Shocks.
    Shocks are well represented by Texas natives. Mash is from Ft. Worth, Sam is from Rhome (just NW of DFW), Hannah Eakin is from Wichita Falls (not too far away) and Katie Reilly is from Cypress (NW side of Houston metro area).

Comment

Originally posted by dregn View Post
      Andrade is on the verge, if not already over the edge, of becoming our most physical middle we've had under Lamb. I don't think we'll see her running slides yet in her career, but she doesn't need to...
      She has run a few this year, but not her bread and butter. She definitely brings a big hammer to work with her and seems to hit a heavy ball.

Comment

Shocks firing bullets at SMU early in game 3. 5-1 Timeout SMU.

Comment

Chelsey has one of the tougher serves on the team when she puts it in play. She also may have the lowest in-play % on the team. Having a great run here though.

Comment

Great quick set and pounding, Feekin to Field. Shocks maintaining a lead, but getting a little sloppy...11-8 Shocks.

Comment

4 points on 4 mistakes by the Shocks, block errors (not a huge mistake imho) but overpasses are not acceptable, especially on easy balls, which is what they've been seeing.

Timeout Lambo. 11-10 Shocks.

Comment

One thing I will say is that the Shocks haven't gotten their fair share of net balls and bounces this year.

Comment

Really big set here. Set tied at 16 after an unusual misplay by Jackie.

Comment

Shocks built another lead but then pissed it away 16-16 timeout Shocks.

Comment

I think @ShockerFever: posted awhile back that there wasn't much parity in women's volleyball. Not sure I can agree with that.

Comment

Another bad habit this team has is giving up mulitple point runs to teams. Sometimes leads disappear fairly quickly.

Comment

Kelsey struggling big-time with her serve tonight. I hate service errors especially late in set.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 6, 2012, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Just no excuse at all to lose that set. Damnit. 23-25 SMU. Play your game ladies!

Comment

Shocks let that one get away 23-25. Trail 1-2 and not playing at a level that gives me a lot of confidence they can get this done tonight.

Comment

Tough to win when you lose the serve and passing game like we appear to be doing tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X