SMU Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMU Tournament

Shocks open up against the Mustangs in Dallas.

10-7 SMU leads early. Shocks look a little sloppy early. SMU certainly appears to be a shade below last week's opponents. I suppose given our youth, it's not stunning that we are playing "down" to the competition.

Anyway, we'll see how they react.

FWIW, the video is 10 times WORSE than ShockerVision....ugh.

Timeout Shocks, down 11-7. SMU hitting .359 so far. Adney into the net, 12-7.

Doc, I think this team is going to try our patience a little bit. At the very least they will give me a few more grey hairs and I don't have many dark ones left to give.

Comment

Ugh, this is worse (so far) than the first match against NMSU. Shocks appear lethargic, to say the least.

Lambo takes his 2nd timeout at 19-13. In pretty deep now in set 1. 20-13.

Comment

No doubt '72. The price of youth.

Game 1 to the Mustangs and it wasn't very competitive. Pretty ugly, and they better get well fast if they are going to get back in it. 25-16.

Comment

Only 1 hitting error for SMU and they hit .464 for the set. That's pretty salty against a bad D1 team, if you're Penn State. We have to get better, and frankly SMU needs to come down to earth.

Comment

Yep, Lambo needs to make some adjustments pretty quickly. He's got 3 minutes to work his magic, but it will be mostly up to the Ladies to compete. Hate to give SMU's confidence such a big boost though.

Comment

Back and forth second set starting to tilt towards the Ponies again. 9-7.

Again, too many service errors and return over passes are killing us.

Comment

Nice little run with Church serving to get us back in the lead, but then another ace from SMU ties it at 12.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Again, too many service errors and return over passes are killing us.
                  This has been a consistent issue for the Shocks this year. If we can't get it fixed I may have to invest in some Just For Men.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 6, 2012, 07:54 PM.

Comment

There appears to be a decent showing of SHOCKERNATION at the game.

SMU helping the Shocks out with some mistakes and the Shocks are playing better. 18-13 Shocks.

Comment

Shock's blocking carrying them here in Set 2.

Comment

20-14 Shocks, timeout Ponies......errr, Fillies?

Comment

Shocks hitting .533 in set 2, while SMU is down to .143

Comment

Shocks close out set 2 25-18. Numerous Mustang errors, and efficient hitting from the Shocks turns the tables.

Break time Shocker fans!

Comment

Andrade is on the verge, if not already over the edge, of becoming our most physical middle we've had under Lamb. I don't think we'll see her running slides yet in her career, but she doesn't need to...

Comment

Working...
                              X