Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    https://linktr.ee/collegevbtransfers

Click the first (top) button and then look for the tabs along the bottom of the Excel spreadsheet.
    Nice. Can adjust the spreadsheet to whatever / however you want.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Critter's Pa I am curious where you came across this information. Not doubting you, I just haven't come across any info regarding Alyssa either joining the portal or committing to the Shocks. Just curious if you have a source better than the ones I have found.
        If you click the tab marked "Outside Hitters" at the bottom of the page in the link WuDrWu provided, there is a link there that takes you to her announcement on her instagram page.

Comment

Not speaking for Critter's Pa but there is a spreadsheet attached to the Volleyball Transfer Portal Twitter Page that lists that particular transfer. That spreadsheet has been very reliable.
          That's what I was looking at for my information. They do make a link to the athlete's announcements on social pages if they are given one (There is one for Alyssa).

I do find it odd they have not updated Frosty if she is going to SMU. I have only seen that news here. I thought it might be because of the holidays, but I think I have seen other players that have been updated in the past couple of days.

Comment

6'1 freshman OH, transfer from TCU. According to their site, she didn't accumulate any stats.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              6'1 freshman OH, transfer from TCU. According to their site, she didn't accumulate any stats.

HS Info: Lettered all four years of high school, most recently playing and graduating from Aledo High School … Named a 2022 AVCA Honorable Mention All-American after tallying a team-leading 370 kills on .249 hitting to aid Aledo to a 31-16 record and a 10-2 mark in Texas UIL 5A play … Earned District Offensive Player of the Year and honors as well as AVCA All-Region team recognition.

They show a picture of her and others during a 9/8/23 match at Georgia. I believe she is on our left next to #12. VB vs. UGA - Image 1: TCU VB @ Georgia - TCU (gofrogs.com)

But you're right, no stats.

Comment

Here are some high school highlight videos for Alyssa Gonzalez that I posted last week:

https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...13#post1417813

Let's hope she had a good year of conditioning, training and scrimmaging at TCU. Hopefully, Alyssa will add some serious fire power but that remains to be seen.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 4, 2024, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  She redshirted this year, so she has 4 more years of eligibility left. Hopefully we will get to see her at spring matches this year. I hope we get to see all of our redshirt freshmen at spring matches. There are lots of holes to fill on this team.

Comment

Ba has transferred to FGCU. Hope She does well there. Did our Kansas winter influence her decision to head back to Florida?

Comment

Originally posted by Critter's Pa View Post
                      Ba has transferred to FGCU. Hope She does well there. Did our Kansas winter influence her decision to head back to Florida?
                      I’m sure it was the Kansas winter and not her wasting a year of eligibility splitting time while out performing an injured 6th year senior. Which may have cost the team an NCAA bid.

Seems odd she wouldn’t want to come back and defend the “championship” . After all, FGSU was 1 and done in the NCAA tournament and missed the opportunity to play 5 NIVC matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Critter's Pa View Post
                        Will probably never know for sure the reasons behind the departure. You could probably list 10 reasons that are at least as significant, if not moreso,, than our Kansas weather. And yes, good luck to Ba.

So far I see 2 very obvious key departures that will be tough to replace. Sophia at the opposite and Natalie in the middle. How well Lambo can fill in for those losses and well he can find/ develop more consistent play on the left will determine how successful we can be next year.

Emerson will probsbly be part of the package on the left side. Maddie Wilson may be the heir to replace Frosty.

Otherwise the roster has a lot of unknowns. Should be an interesting spring.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 6, 2024, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimshocker View Post

I’m sure it was the Kansas winter and not her wasting a year of eligibility splitting time while out performing an injured 6th year senior. Which may have cost the team an NCAA bid.

Seems odd she wouldn’t want to come back and defend the “championship” . After all, FGSU was 1 and done in the NCAA tournament and missed the opportunity to play 5 NIVC matches.
                          Jesus God.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            So far I see 2 very obvious key departures that will be tough to replace. Sophia at the opposite and Natalie in the middle. How well Lambo can fill in for those losses and well he can find/ develop more consistent play on the left will determine how successful we can be next year.

Emerson will probsbly be part of the package on the left side. Maddie Wilson may be the heir to replace Frosty.

Otherwise the roster has a lot of unknowns. Should be an interesting spring.
                            The Shocker's website has been updated to show the current roster. Looks like we will be seeing most, if not all, the players get floor time this spring. I don't think any of the incoming freshmen are starting school this semester, so we won't see any of them in spring matches.

Spring roster, so far:
                            4 ds//libero- Reagan, Katie, Annalie, and Gabi.
                            4 middles- Haley, Maddie, Morgan, and Allie
                            1 Setter- Izzi
                            1 Right side- Brooklyn
                            2 Left side- Emmerson and Alyssa

Megan Reilly is not on the list nor have I seen her mentioned in the transfer portal. She may have graduated and/or given up volleyball.

I wonder if Allie's injury will be healed enough for her to play. Maybe coach move a middle to play on the right or left for spring games.

Emmerson has the potential to be a good six rotation player, hopefully Alyssa has the talent to be one as well.

Comment

Megan is a great kid but I wouldn't be surprised if she's hanging it up. She'll be just fine in life, no doubt about it.

Comment

Jesus God.
                                What a strange message board.

Where a guy brings up logical questions and predicts roster turbulence (even with NIVC championships kids leaving for 1 and done NCAA rosters) and the only response to reality is Jesus God.

Meanwhile as we head into spring with more DS on the roster (4) than pins (3), and ONE 5th year transfer at the setter spot, and folks on here acting like that’s normal D1 roster construction because Lambo is Jesus God.

It was so awesome that the NIVC provided NEXT seasons roster so much experience to draw from. Oh wait, no it didn’t.

Dude, seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X