No announcement yet.

2023-24 Volleyball Transfer Portal News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does anyone bother to respond? Use the Block function and move on. You only have so many keystrokes in life. Don't waste them.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
      Why does anyone bother to respond? Use the Block function and move on. You only have so many keystrokes in life. Don't waste them.
      I apologize if my opinions are not shared by many on this message board group. I don’t know any of you personally and you don’t know me.

This message board is a weird place where no one really discusses the program. One guy seems to repost things that are readily available on go shockers web site. I believe if you have access to the massage board you also have access to go shockers. Is there a need to just repost go shocker material?

It also seems while I may have an axe to grind with the HC, several others have personal relationships with the HC that prevent you from even wondering if his poo smells.

Message boards can be whatever they want to be I guess. I like message boards where fans discuss good and bad, make up hypothetical plans, and most importantly, state opinions on events happening within the message board topic. I also like message boards where the devils advocate is personally attacked and all topics brought up are swept away as if they are not true. Both can be fun!

Respond if you want.

WSU posted on media today that Frosty, Sophia, and Brylee are the only trio to ever achieve 1K kills at one school at the same time. As well as they will be missed. Does no one else think it’s weird only 2/3 walked on Senior day?

SMU is gone. In most seasons going forward, WSU should be at least a top 2 preseason AAC team given coach and program history.

Do posters on this board feel the program is hypothetically better:

Winning the AAC 3 of the next 5 years and making the NCAA tournament but only wining 3 total NCAA matches in those 5 years.
      Or
      Finishing 2nd in the AAC 4 of the next 5 years and making the NIVC final 4 each time, maybe winning again.

Will any of this matter after the 2024 presidential election.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
        I get it now. I felt like my posts were just the same words in a slightly different order.

I do believe I have found out why Mike Kennedy said that this was Izzi's last year. If you look on the game day programs, it has Izzi listed as a senior with an asterisk, that asterisk meaning extra season due to covid year taken. Sophia (Senior*) and Brylee (RS-Senior*) were listed the same way. I don't know if you can see the individual game day digital programs anymore, but it is listed like that in the Digital Program Yearbook. I noticed that a few weeks ago, but don't think I mentioned it.

Comment

A couple more Nebraska bench players, both 6-2 outside hitters.

Kubik is a sophomore who only played in 8 sets as a freshman and 10 sets as a sophomore.

https://huskers.com/sports/volleybal...r/hayden-kubik

Jurevicius did not play as a freshman this year, so should have 4 years of eligibility remaining.

https://huskers.com/sports/volleybal...ine-jurevicius

I assume they were fairly heavily recruited in high school considering they ended up at Nebraska. So maybe worth Lambo expressing an interest.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 21, 2023, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Pretty sure I'd take any Nebraska cast offs.

Comment

Originally posted by jimshocker View Post

I apologize if my opinions are not shared by many on this message board group. I don’t know any of you personally and you don’t know me.

This message board is a weird place where no one really discusses the program. One guy seems to repost things that are readily available on go shockers web site. I believe if you have access to the massage board you also have access to go shockers. Is there a need to just repost go shocker material?

It also seems while I may have an axe to grind with the HC, several others have personal relationships with the HC that prevent you from even wondering if his poo smells.

Message boards can be whatever they want to be I guess. I like message boards where fans discuss good and bad, make up hypothetical plans, and most importantly, state opinions on events happening within the message board topic. I also like message boards where the devils advocate is personally attacked and all topics brought up are swept away as if they are not true. Both can be fun!

Respond if you want.

WSU posted on media today that Frosty, Sophia, and Brylee are the only trio to ever achieve 1K kills at one school at the same time. As well as they will be missed. Does no one else think it’s weird only 2/3 walked on Senior day?

SMU is gone. In most seasons going forward, WSU should be at least a top 2 preseason AAC team given coach and program history.

Do posters on this board feel the program is hypothetically better:

Winning the AAC 3 of the next 5 years and making the NCAA tournament but only wining 3 total NCAA matches in those 5 years.
              Or
              Finishing 2nd in the AAC 4 of the next 5 years and making the NIVC final 4 each time, maybe winning again.

Will any of this matter after the 2024 presidential election.
              Don’t apologize! Write your opinions with enthusiasm and vigor.
              The last thing I want to read on Shockernet is a group think recycling of the same opinions. Those that put others on ignore are usually intellectually disadvantaged on the topic or insecure.

I’m certainly not a Lamb0 fan, but do feel the program took a step forward this year. Definitely not at the same level as the last few years of the MoVal days or his first AAC season but a step in the right direction. Certainly not enough to buy hm a few more mediocre years though.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Jurevicius did not play as a freshman this year, so should have 4 years of eligibility remaining.

https://huskers.com/sports/volleybal...ine-jurevicius
                Saw her unique last name and figured she was the daughter of Joe. Kinda cool.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Caroline Jurevicius is headed to Penn St.
                  Whitney Lauenstein is headed to Texas.

Lauren Wheeler is going to conference foe North Texas

Alyssa Gonzales a 6'1" outside hitter from TCU is coming to WSU. She is a red shirt freshman.

From what I have seen, no one has picked up Lauren Cary or Frosty yet.

Comment

Here is TCU's announcement of the signing of Alyssa Gonzalez:

Alyssa Gonzales | Outside Hitter | 6-1 | Aledo, TX

The Horned Frogs kept an elite outside hitter as close to home as possible with their acquisition of Gonzales. Aledo is a small town just west of Ft. Worh.

A 2022 AVCA Honorable Mention All-American, Gonzales has lettered all four years of high school, most recently at Aledo High School, a powerhouse program across the TX UIL 5A classification.

As a senior, Gonzales laced home a team-leading 370 kills on .249 hitting to steer the Ladycats to a 31-16 overall record and 10-2 mark in district play. She also racked up a team-best 489 digs to pair with 67 total blocks and 64 service aces.

On top of her All-American credentials, Gonzales' prolific senior campaign saw her earn-District Offensive Player of the Year laurels and AVCA All-Region Team recognition.

Gonzales played for Drive Nation volleyball club.

Keep in mind signing announcements are always presented in the most glowing manner possible.

So do we have TCU pipeline going? Hope she works out as well as Gabi has.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 22, 2023, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Here are some high school highlight videos for Alyssa Gonzales:

Watch Alyssa Gonzales's videos and highlights on Hudl. More info: NorCal Vipers Basketball Club - U13 / Granite Bay, CA

Comment

Originally posted by Critter's Pa View Post
                        Lauren Wheeler is going to conference foe North Texas
                        North Texas looks like it might be a pretty good landing spot for Lauren. UNT carried 3 setters on their roster this past season including a 5-9 freshman, Madisyn Jones, who used up a year of eligibility by playing in 1 set toward the end of UNT's non-conference season. Perhaps not a surprise to see that she is in the portal.

The other two setters, 5-8 senior-to-be Ceci Harness and 5-9 junior-to-be Kamryn Scroggins, shared the setting duties in North Texas' 6-2 offense. Harness had 681 assists for the season and Scroggins had 631.

At 5-11 Lauren would be their tallest setter although in a 6-2 it may not make that much difference since the setter is always starting a point on the back row. Might help a bit on blocking at the net.

I think Lauren would have shot at being in the rotation next year and. if not then for sure for following 2 years assuming North Texas continues with the 6-2 offense.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 23, 2023, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          So do we have TCU pipeline going? Hope she works out as well as Gabi has.
                          Looks like it. I hope she will help push up the level of play at the left pin, get some consistency there. There will be several (6?) outside hitters on the roster next year, probably lead by Ba and Emmerson who will be juniors. I don't think Coach will be looking for a setter in the portal, since we will have two freshmen setters. I wonder if he sign a right side from the portal or move a player(s) to the right to compete with Brooklyn for the spot.

At 5-11 Lauren would be their tallest center although in a 6-2 it may not make that much difference since the setter is always starting a point on the back row. Might help a bit on blocking at the net.
                          I could see where she has a better chance to play there. If they get low on subs because they run a 6-2, having her in the front row may be more preferable than the other two setters. I'm sure trying to set a ball that just bounced off the roof is a skill in itself.

Comment

Phil’s daughter is in the portal. If she would happen to come here, the circle would be complete.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Phil’s daughter is in the portal. If she would happen to come here, the circle would be complete.
                              But would she be playing both basketball and volleyball as she did at Nebraska? She was on a basketball scholarship as well.

Comment

Originally posted by lostshocker View Post

But would she be playing both basketball and volleyball as she did at Nebraska? She was on a basketball scholarship as well.
                                I have zero information, but I'd be more than surprised if she evens considers WSU, much less transfers here. I just mentioned it because her father played here before transferring to another WSU. He wasn't a superstar, but I was a fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X