• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kill Stout 19-16

Comment

20-17

Comment

So evenly matched.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

21-17 Time out

Comment

BOOM! That was fun!!! Go Shockers!

Comment

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Looking at the stats, the pins hit .076. The not-pins (including Izzy) hit .508. Well, that variance worked tonight, but ...

I am out-of-state with no Plus. We may have had serious skill advantages in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                  Looking at the stats, the pins hit .076. The not-pins (including Izzy) hit .508. Well, that variance worked tonight, but ...

I am out-of-state with no Plus. We may have had serious skill advantages in the middle.
                  If you had told me before the match that Sophia, Brylee, Emerson and Ba would hit a combined 17-12-66 = .076 and Drake would win the serve and passing game and out-ace the Shocks 4-0 I would not have like the Shocks chances at all to win, let alone sweep Drake. I suppose it's always a question as to how Sophia and Brylee or feeing physically in any given match.

Fortunately, Frosty, Swifty, Izzi and a 2-0-2 contribution from Webby combined to hit 36-2-65 = .523 and the Shocks outblocked Drake 13-7 led by Frosty 1+6, Swifty 2+4 and Sophia 0+6 as they collectively participated on 9 of the 13 Shocker Blocks.

A very tough 30-28, 27-25, 25-21 sweep for the Shocks. Wichita State survived set point in the first (25-26) and the second (23-24).

BTW, Lauren Wheeler was in uniform tonight. I did not see Lauren Carey but I may have missed her. It would be understandable if she wasn't there.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 6, 2023, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Another great episode of the Swifty and Frosty show. Swifty lead the team in kills with 14 on 27 swings with 2 errors (.444). Frosty had 12 kills on 23 attempts with no errors (.522). I don't know if 8 kills is Izzi's high for the year, she hit .615 with 44 assists. Sophia had 6 kills, Ba-4(all in set 3), Emerson-4, Brylee-3, and Webby got 2 kills while playing front row when substitutions were getting low.

Every Shocker player that saw time on the floor got a dig. Gabi, who played libero all match, lead with 17 digs. Webby broke double digits with 11 digs. Katie had 9 digs, Izzi-8, Swifty-5, Annalie-5, Sophia-3, Ba-3, Emerson-2, Brylee-1, Frosty-1.

Shockers out-blocked Drake 13-7. Natalie had 7 blocks (1 solo, 6 block assists), Swifty had 6 blocks (2 solo, 4 BA), Sophia had 6 BA, Emerson had 3 BA, Izzi had 1 BA.

Shockers had no aces and gave up 4 to Drake. Shockers only had 2 service errors to Drake's 6.

For the match Shockers hit .298 to Drake's .203.

All three sets had 5 lead changes. The 1st set had 13 ties, 2nd had 18(!!!) ties, and the 3rd had 8. That was a really close match. I wonder if we will see them in a non-con tournament next year.

I have not seen anything about times/location of next game. Montana St and Wyoming are head to a 5th set now, and UTEP is up 2 sets to 1 on Clemson.

Hopefully WSU will get to host the Final Four, assuming they have all four teams play in the same place.
                    Last edited by Critter's Pa; December 6, 2023, 09:41 PM. Reason: Izzi had 44 assists, not 44 digs.

Comment

Montana State finishes off Wyoming in Laramie in a tough 5-setter. 22-25, 25-22, 21-25, 25-23 and 15-8.

Shocks will play Montana State in the semifinals.

UTEP knocks off Clemson in El Paso in 4 sets. 27-25, 25-17, 14-25 and 25-19.

USF plays at Georgia Southern tomorrow evening.

​​​​​​.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 6, 2023, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                        We may have had serious skill advantages in the middle.
                        Indeed. Swifty on the slide was a force Drake couldn't reckon with. Drake's defense was playing pretty well and the ball bounced in their favor several times.

If you do get to watch the game, in the second set one of the Drake setters had a very sneaky kill. She went up to back set the ball. It looked like a horrible set. The Shockers were probably wondering to whom she was setting, and by the time they collectively realized the "set" was coming over the net, it was too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Critter's Pa View Post

Indeed. Swifty on the slide was a force Drake couldn't reckon with. Drake's defense was playing pretty well and the ball bounced in their favor several times.

If you do get to watch the game, in the second set one of the Drake setters had a very sneaky kill. She went up to back set the ball. It looked like a horrible set. The Shockers were probably wondering to whom she was setting, and by the time they collectively realized the "set" was coming over the net, it was too late.
                          That was a pretty play and fooled everyone in attendance

Comment

Shocks host Montana State Saturday at 1pm

Comment

Saturday December 9, 1:00pm. Playing Montana St at CKA.

Shockers have played Montana State just twice (2006 and 2008). Both were 3-0 sweeps on neutral courts.
                              Last edited by Critter's Pa; December 6, 2023, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Shocks host Montana State Saturday at 1pm
                                Kind of dissapointed with tonight's attendance of 804. Hopefully, we will at least double that on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X