No announcement yet.

2023 NIVC Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's on the plus or UTEP announcers were wrong after the semi-final match as well as their website.

Bigger problem is the 8PM start is past my bed time.

EDIT: The absence of the game on ESPN's schedule is troubling I admit, as I'm sure that's the genesis for your concern.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Pretty nice volleyball facility (looks like it can double as a basketball practice facility as well). The home of the 1966 NCAA Basketball Champions, Memorial Gym continues to house the UTEP volleyball team since the program's inception in 1974. With capacity at 5,200.
      Did some quick Wikipedia research on that 1966 team and was surprised to see that Texas Westerns first round in the NCAA tournament was at WSU Fieldhouse against Oklahoma City.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        No television?
        UTEP's website indicates it is on ESPN+
        https://utepminers.com/news/2023/12/...-showdown.aspx

Perhaps since the event location wasn't determined until Sunday evening an actual listing and match link hasn't been set yet, although not sure why that would take so long. We will see I guess.

Comment

• The NIVC Championship is now listed on the ESPN+ upcoming events page:

Check out the upcoming Watch ESPN schedule with details on how to watch live streaming games, series and films.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            No television?
            ESPN+

Comment

• Originally posted by jimshocker View Post

Easy brother. Give what a rest?
              A question was asked. An answer was given.

If you think my answer is incorrect, ask around, find a different answer and tell me I’m wrong.

Find the last local kid that was “recruited” to WSU that didn’t play in Chris’s club.

I won’t hold my breath too long.
              Interesting post. It is terribly concerning if your assertion is factual that Lamb0 only recruits local kids that played in his club. Another poster indicated that HS VB kids are generally recruited prior to their junior year? At Wichita State?!?!
              Isn’t there a lot more flexibility due to the portal. Different sport, but wasn’t Baker recruited at the end of his senior season. Lamb0 needs to keep his face clean shaven at all times.

Comment

• Great start. Up 18-9 in the first set, forcing a UTEP timeout.

Comment

• Very nice run by the Shocks take us from up 12-9 to 18-9. Timeout Utep.

Comment

• Lady Shocks win first set 25-14.

Comment

• Slow start to the 2nd set, 2-5.

Comment

• Having difficulty getting over the "hump" to take a lead. Finally, 15-14.

Comment

• Timeout UTEP. 20-18 after 3 straight points.

Comment

• 20-18. Timeout UTEP. Lots of Miner service and attack errors have helped.

Comment

• Make that 5 straight. Another TO by UTEP at 22-18.

Comment

• Win 2nd set 25-22.

Comment

Working...
                                X