Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocker Volleyball Hosts Charlotte (Sept 23rd)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flyingMoose
    replied
    Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    What is our record vs. the Pablo predictions with our chance of winning over 50% this season?
    This is the first week for Pablo using this year's result only. We can start tracking it now, but I don't pay real close attention to Pablo in the early weeks since it includes some of last year.

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    What is our record vs. the Pablo predictions with our chance of winning over 50% this season?

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    The Shockers are an 87% Pablo favorite. A thread on VT notes that the 50-70% predictions using Pablo are quite accurate, but the 70-90% predictions are actually noticeably lower than actual results.

But beware of small sample sizes. The results for yesterday's (Friday's) matches were quite accurate.
    I appreciate you posting this Pablo information although, I have to admit I am not 87% confident in this one.

Leave a comment:

• flyingMoose
    replied
    The Shockers are an 87% Pablo favorite. A thread on VT notes that the 50-70% predictions using Pablo are quite accurate, but the 70-90% predictions are actually noticeably lower than actual results.

But beware of small sample sizes. The results for yesterday's (Friday's) matches were quite accurate.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; September 23, 2023, 09:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    started a topic Shocker Volleyball Hosts Charlotte (Sept 23rd)

Shocker Volleyball Hosts Charlotte (Sept 23rd)

WICHITA STATE (7-4, 0-0 American)

Saturday, Sep. 23 (7:00 p.m. CT) vs. Charlotte (7-6, 0-1 American)
    Wichita, Kansas (Charles Koch Arena)
    Live Stats // Watch

SCOUTING THE 49ERS:
    • The 49ers check in at 7-6 overall heading into Saturday's contest following a straight-sets defeat on Wednesday against UTSA. Charlotte opened the season with three wins at the Charlotte Invitational but dropped five of the next seven.
    • Charlotte is in their first season in the American Athletic Conference after spending the past decade as a member of Conference USA.
    • Charlotte has two common opponents with the Shockers, falling in three to both Northern Colorado and Colorado as part of the Colorado Classic. The Shockers beat UNC in four and were also swept by the Buffaloes.
    • The 49ers lean heavily on an imposing front row that ranks 18th nationally in total blocks with 121.0. Both Sydney Baham and Lara Kretschmer average 1.17 rejections per set to crack the top 100 nationally.
    • Libero Sophie Whalen passed the 1,000 career digs mark earlier this season. The senior had a season-best 23 digs in a five-set victory over Coastal Carolina on August 26.

With two matches next weekend against SMU, both in Dallas, the Shockers cannot afford to stumble at home against Charlotte.

Working...
X