Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volleyball: Under Armour Challenge (Aug 25-26)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    I got the live stats from goshockers.com schedule page link.
    Me too now. Not sure when they finally appeared, but they were not there at the start.

Comment

HCU picking on Emerson in serve receive and it's working. But the Shocks get an HCU error and then score to make it 18-13. Service error and then an ace (Emerson again missed it) and it's 18-15. Deep tip and HCU has all the momentum. Brylee gets a good swing 19-16. HCU scores. Another overpass on an average serve and the lead is down to 1. Sophia scores after a free ball (yes) then she misses down the line (that one hurt against a solo block and a wide open court) but she makes up for it destroying the next swing. She then serves one in the net and subs out. 21-20. Emerson finally puts one down after a long exchange and the Shocks lead by 2. Brylee scores down the line and it's 23-20 timeout HCU. HCU dug some scuds before Brylee scored there.

Comment

Out of the timeout HCU tips over the double block and we're nowhere to be found. A block goes out of bounds and the Shocks are at set point. Frosty serves a tough one that forces a deep swing that goes too deep and WSU takes set 3 25-21.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Seriously, when we get a good pass it's likely a point. Case in point out of the timeout, Reagan with a perfect reception to Izzy and a point, then Gabi with another to Frosty. Then 2 mistakes and it's back to 3. Another good pass and another Frosty point.
          This times a million.

Comment

Sophia looks so much better today (hopefully getting healthy) and it makes such a difference having her on the right swinging hard.
            Let's hope so, but Sophia's absence has not been the Shocks only problem as you point out in your posts.

Comment

4th set Frosty serves, Katie G, Lauren, Izzy, Brylee, Emerson all start. Gabi and Sophia sub in after the first point. Lauren gets a solo block and it's 3-1 Shocks.

Shock block causing issues. HCU survives several Sophia bullets to win a tough point. Brylee adjusts and scores. She's serving now 5-2. They win another tough point (got a little lucky, then a scoring dump). Brylee subs out and Morgan is in. Emerson scores on the left. Our block is making them set back from the net and it's costing HCU but they continue to battle. Sophia obliterates another on the right and rotates to serve. Natalie buries one. Shocks get a free ball and Natalie rattles one down (not the best, but it counts). HCU takes a time out. Shocks have too much firepower to allow them back in this match (I am hoping). 10-4.

Comment

Sophia gets an ace then the Shocks lose a joust. An overpass and another HCU point. 11-6.

Natalie and Izzy on the block (point was nearly lost after a poor pass from Katie started a rally where we were on our heels most of the point).

HCU scores. Emerson with another poor pass that leads to a bad over set where HCU scores. Teams trade service errors.

Brylee nearly scores but HCU has an error. Sophia scores at the end of a long point full of bad passes and Izzy playing balls she shouldn't. However, it was our point and then a reception error by HCU and then take a timeout (maybe their last) at 16-9 Shocks.

I hope we're actively recruiting a 6'3" plus RS transfer with a big arm for next year.

HCU scores off the block. Brylee hits into the block but it goes wide. HCU returns the favor. Morgan Weber with a reception error then another (overpass) and HCU creeps back into the set down 17-13 now and Lambo takes his first timeout.

Comment

The stats only have us for 5 receive errors, but it's so much worse than that.

A good pass out of the time out and Sophia pounds another one straight down. Emerson scores, the HCU is in the net, the Shocks get a block, Emerson tools the block after a loooooong exchange and it's 22-13.

Overpass (can't fault this one) and HCU finally sides out.

Frosty tips and scores.

Sophia serves, HCU tips and scores (both teams appear gassed right now).

HCU serves at 15-23. Katie mishandles a tough serve that leads to an error. Then she doesn't and Natalie tip scores. Brylee hammers one that HCU deflects into the crowd and the match is over.

Competitive but disappointing weekend. Could have been 3-0 or 0-3. End up 1-2.

Lots of work to do.

Comment

And when is the show? I could try to look it up, but somebody already knows.

Comment

As WuDrWu points out a lot of work to do. But based on Doc's reporting and the live stats seems like this was a better day for the Shocks. Perhaps that was largely a function of the opponent but HCU is not a bad team.

Getting Sophia back and playing well makes a big difference and no doubt helps Brylee as well. Brylee only played in Sets 3 and 4 but had 9 kills and hit .381, by far her best performance of the weekend.

Frosty was her steady, solid self with 12 kills and hitting .450, MorganS still seems to struggle with consistency and she struggled today with only 1 kills and hitting a negative .125. Big Mac did a nice job in relief of Morgan. Only had 2 kills, but no errors, in 6 tries and was pretty strong with her blocking game.

The Shocks had a very good attack error rate of 9.2% and solid kill % of 38.2%. The hit .276 for the math but that help by a blistering 14-0-31 = 0.452 in set 4 when perhaps HCU was tiring.

The Shocks 7 service aces to 8 service errors was by far their best work of the weekend in the service game. The Shocks a very good 19.25 earned points per set (kills, aces and blocks).

The Shocks pin hitters combined to hit 40-10-105 = .286, Again by far their best performance.

So today, was a pretty good for the Shocks but overall not sure more questions were raised than answers were found but let's see where we go from here.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                        And when is the show? I could try to look it up, but somebody already knows.
                        Not sure you can look it up. The schedule on goshockers.com is from last year. I assume their will be a show on Monday but don't that for sure not what time that would be.

Comment

#1 benefit of today's win. A much nicer bus ride home.

Comment

The stats only have us for 5 receive errors, but it's so much worse than that.

A good pass out of the time out and Sophia pounds another one straight down. Emerson scores, the HCU is in the net, the Shocks get a block, Emerson tools the block after a loooooong exchange and it's 22-13.

Overpass (can't fault this one) and HCU finally sides out.

Frosty tips and scores.

Sophia serves, HCU tips and scores (both teams appear gassed right now).

HCU serves at 15-23. Katie mishandles a tough serve that leads to an error. Then she doesn't and Natalie tip scores. Brylee hammers one that HCU deflects into the crowd and the match is over.

Competitive but disappointing weekend. Could have been 3-0 or 0-3. End up 1-2.

Lots of work to do.
                            We get a break or two and Rohling plays, we are probably 2-1 and every feels pretty good about the weekend.

Comment

Is Kelly our version of Mitch Lightfoot? Seems like she has been here forever.

Comment

Have not gotten to see the games, hopefully they get loaded to Youtube, but I did follow along with the stats.

WSU should have beaten ND in four. I thought we would have had a better chance against TT, if we had beaten ND. Ain't gonna win much hitting .088. On the bright side, we did hold them to .174, which is good enough to win if there not multiple, long scoring droughts and you hit .088. Shocks held ND to .177 and HC to .154. We did hit .242 vs ND and .276 vs HC.

Blocking seems to be doing good. Since I have not seen the game, I cant comment on how the Shockers are handling block touches. 13 block vs ND, 5 of them solo. Only 8 blocks, 2 of them solo, vs TT. TT had 16 total blocks. 12 blocks, only 1 of them solo, vs HC. Foster has 14 blocks, Izzi- 9, MorganS- 8, Emmerson- 7, Brylee, Barbara, Sophia and Lauren all have 4, MorganW-3, and Brooklyn has 1. I wonder why we are not winning battles at the net.

Emmerson had a double double- 13 kills, 11 digs- against HC.

Hope everyone is healthy. Was concerned when Sophia didn't play against ND, but When she played against TT, I figured Lamb was saving her for the tougher game of the double header. The absence of Brylee at the start of the game and MorganS not returning to the game had me wondering if they were a little dinged up.

Comment

Working...
                                X