No announcement yet.

2023 Volleyball Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According the above Roundhouse report all regular season rules apply to the exhibition.

I am not sure if this means that the match will end once one of the teams has won 3 sets or if the coaches can agree to play a 4th and/or 5th set just to get the opportunity to see as many players as possible. Paul Suellentrop reported that Lambo will use the exhibition to get a good look at his starters and top of his rotation. But it would be nice to play a full 5 sets to so that we can see the newcomer as well. In particular, I would like to get at least a glimpse at the 3 incoming freshman players (Allie Paulsen, Haley Wolfe and Reagan Anderson who were not here for the spring matches. Although, it seems likely that those 3 will probably redshirt this season.

Comment

A little background on the Shockers Brazilian import (via Florida Southwestern State College), Barbara Koehler. Barbara is from Mato Grosso, Brazil. Mato Grosso, a large state in west-central Brazil, is mostly covered with Amazon rainforest, wetlands and savanna plains. The capital, Cuiabá, is a travel hub that dates back to the 18th-century gold rush. Nearby Chapada dos Guimarães National Park has hiking areas with sandstone cliffs, waterfalls and caverns. The sprawling Pantanal wetlands are home to diverse wildlife, including macaws, caimans and jaguars.

Now that is about as different from Kansas as you can get.

Hopefully, Babara's success at the Juco level carries over to the her play at Wichita State.

Comment

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Strong start
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Shocks defense looking very good. Sophia has her upper left thigh wrapped. Hasn't played so far and may not play.

Shocks 25-12 in set 1.

Comment

OU plated better in set 2. Shocks not as good.

OU 25-20

Comment

Sophia in for set 3. Her left thigh is pretty heavily wrapped. She has a couple of kills on touch shots.

Comment

OU wins set 3 25-23.

OU winning the serve and pass game. A deficiency the Shocks need to fix.

Comment

OU looks to have changed up their lineup in Set 4.

Shiocks up 17-7.

Shovks cruise 25-11 in set 4.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 17, 2023, 05:51 PM.

Comment

What a bizarre match.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        What a bizarre match.
                        Exhibitions often are. Hard to tell how much experimentation is going on.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

15-9 in the third.

I need to check the stats and maybe watch the replay.

I will say the one returning player who looked to me like she has made good progress since last year was Emerson Wilford.

I thought the tiny freshman, Reagan Anderson, looked pretty comfortable.

Natalie was her usual self.

Hope Sophia can get healthy and stay healthy. Something that has alluded her doing her Shocker career.

Izzi was decent. Still needs to sharpen her timing and I think that wiil come.

Defense was pretty good.

I need to watch the replay but the serve and passing game seemed a bit hit and miss.

OU is picked 10th in the Big 12 for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              OU looks to have changed up their lineup in Set 4.

Shiocks up 17-7.

Shovks cruise 25-11 in set 4.
                              Tippin' the bottle a little too much.

Comment

15-9 in the third.

I need to check the stats and maybe watch the replay.
                                OU hit negative in three of the sets - the three sets they lost.

1 will say the one returning player who looked to me like she has made good progress since last year was Emerson Wilford.
                                I agree. I thought Morgan Stout played better than I remember from last year, although she played a lot then, of course.

I thought the tiny freshman, Reagan Anderson, looked pretty comfortable.

Natalie was her usual self.

Hope Sophia can get healthy and stay healthy. Something that has alluded her doing her Shocker career.

Izzi was decent. Still needs to sharpen her timing and I think that wiil come.

Defense was pretty good.
                                Good points all.

Barbara Koehler was a non-contributor.

I need to watch the replay but the serve and passing game seemed a bit hit and miss.
                                I wasn't so sure that OU did not have more serve-receives passed on top of their setter at the net than the Shockers did.

OU is picked 10th in the Big 12 for a reason.
                                Yep!!

Comment

Working...
                                X