• Show
Clear All

Comment

Syd hittong .750 over 5 games and still batting 9th. Smh
      Go Shocks!

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Team Alo fell to Team Clark 6-7 on Monday night.

Syd was 1-3 with an single in 3 at bats.

No games tonight. Team Alo and Syd play in both games on Wednesday night.

Comment

I'll just put this here...

"Cottrill’s grandfather happens to be Grier Jones, something of a Wichita sports celebrity who won the 1968 NCAA individual championship, enjoyed a 14-year career on the PGA Tour, where he earned Rookie of the Year honors and was a three-time winner, then was a successful college coach at Wichita State until he retired in 2019.

The man who many consider the best golfer to ever come from Wichita is just known as “grandpa” to Cottrill.

“That was my best friend growing up,” Cottrill said. “He took me to everything from baseball games at Wichita State to basketball games. I sat there and was taking the book at 8-years-old. And he would drive me to lessons, anything he thought could help me become a better player. He was such a huge part of my success.”"

Return to Wichita for pro AUX softball affords Julia Cottrill time with ‘best friend’ (msn.com)
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Syd showing out last night.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

McKinney is the greatest female athlete in the history of this school. Spar with me.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  McKinney is the greatest female athlete in the history of this school. Spar with me.
                  I don't disagree, but I think one could make an argument for Alex Harden as well.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

McKinney is a player that for three years would have been in any lineup in the country and an elite hitter for that team to include Oklahoma.

Tuliamek is a very close second.

Comment

Destiny Masters probably has to be in the conversation as well.

Comment

Team Alo split their 2 games on Wednesday night losing 0-2 to Team Edwards and beating Team Clark 3-2.

In the Team Edwards game Syd was 0-3 and Team Alo only managed 4 hits off of Mariah Mazon. This was the first complete game shut out since the AUX event started in 2022.

In the nightcap Team Alo won on a walk-off solo home run by Tori Vidales in the bottom of the 7th after Nadia Taylor had tied the game for Team Clark with a solo homer in the top of the 7th.

Syd was 2-3 in the nightcap. Sydney is hitting .571 and Syd is in 6th place on the player leaderboard after the end of the 2nd series.

Teams are being redrafted today for the 3rd and final series of the AUX event. Series 3 games will be Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday.​
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; 6 days ago.

Comment

Perhaps throw Emily Stockman and Emily Heibert in the conversation as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Destiny Masters probably has to be in the conversation as well.
                            Agree. I went sport by sport and tried to look at the athletes within that sport. I think she would be neck in neck with Tuliamek in Track.

Harden wins for basketball.

Not sure for volleyball.

Dont think golf or tennis athletes are even in the overall conversation unless we are talking 50 years ago.

Bowling is not counted.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              Agree. I went sport by sport and tried to look at the athletes within that sport. I think she would be neck in neck with Tuliamek in Track.
                              In Men's Track and Field the Olympic and/or World decathlon champion used to heralded as the greatest athlete in the world. Not sure if that still is the case since Bruce became Caitlyn.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

In Men's Track and Field the Olympic and/or World decathlon champion used to heralded as the greatest athlete in the world. Not sure if that still is the case since Bruce became Caitlyn.
                                It's one of the reasons why Jim Thorpe is still one of the greatest athletes of all time. Didn't hurt that he was also the greatest football player of his time as well as playing semi-pro baseball amongst other sports.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X