Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by 1972Shocker; 1 week ago.

Comment

Right now Sydney playing for Team Wiggins. Wiggins won 9-5. Sydney was 1-1 with 2 walks and 2 runs scored. She was clean in the field with 3 assists on 3 chances.

Scroll down to find game stats.

Comment

Guess I didn’t think about this tournament from a recruiting perspective…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Team Wiggins lost to Team Warren on Tuesday 6-5 in 8 innings. The 5 run first inning for Team Warren made it an uphill battle for Team Wiggins.

Syd was 2-3 with 1 run scored.

Team Wiggins then lost to Team Leach 3-1.

Syd was also 2-3 in this game but Team Wiggins was held to 4 hits overall.

No games today.

2 games on Thursday. Team Leach vs Team Warren at 5:00 pm and Team Wiggins vs Team Warren at 7:30 pm.

This will finish up the Series 1 games.

The teams will be reorganized via the Series 2 draft on Friday morning at 11:00 am.

Series 2 games are schedule for Sunday, Monday and Wednesday.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

Syd's teamate, Jadelyn Allchin (UCLA) flashing the leather in right field:

Comment

Sydney moves up to 5th on the player leaderboard after 4 games. Jocelyn Alo leads with 520 points. Syd is 60 points back at 460. Syd is 62 points ahead of 6th place Montana Fouts. Syd is the highest ranked infielder at this point.

The Athletes Unlimited Pro Softball Leaderboard determines the Champion for each season through win, stat, and MVP points.

Comment

Top 3 chances better if she wasn't at the bottom of lineup all week.

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
                      Top 3 chances better if she wasn't at the bottom of lineup all week.
                      New teams are being put together this afternoon so maybe that will change.

Comment

The series 1 leader in batting average is Sarah Willis, a RHP who played at UCF. She is batting 1.000 with 1 hit in 1 at bat.

Next in batting average is Syd who is 8-10 for a batting average of .800. Now something I don't understand is how Syd's on base average can be .769. Not sure that is possible. She has 2 walks in addition to her 8-10 hitting so that would put her on base average at .833 (10-12) by my calculations. She is the only player listed who on base average is lower than her batting average. I think that has to be an error. Syd's slugging percentage is 1.000 giving her a very nice OPS of 1.833. So much for Syd padding her college stats against lower level pitching.

The official source for Athletes Unlimited AUX Softball stats including hitters, pitchers, fielders, and more.

Comment

The teams are set for Series 2 which begins on Sunday:

Team Alo (Gold), Team Edwards (Orange) and Team Clark (Blue) made their draft picks this afternoon.

Syd will be playing for Team Alo.

Here are the results of the Series 2 draft:

Series 2 Schedule is as follows:

Sunday 06/16:
                          Team Clark vs Team Edwards at Noon.
                          Team Alo vs Team Edwards at 2:30 PM.

Monday 06/17:
                          Team Alo vs Team Clark at 5:00 pm
                          Team Edwards vs Team Clark at 7:30 pm

Wednesday 06/19:
                          Team Edwards vs Team Alo at 6:00 pm
                          Team Clark vs Team Alo at 8:30 pm

Games are on ESPN2 or ESPNU
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; 6 days ago.

Comment

On Sunday afternoon Team Alo defeats Team Edwards 7-5.

Syd was 1-2 with a triple and a sacrifice in 3 at bats. Syd did commit her first error on 5 games on 20 chances.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              The series 1 leader in batting average is Sarah Willis, a RHP who played at UCF. She is batting 1.000 with 1 hit in 1 at bat.

Next in batting average is Syd who is 8-10 for a batting average of .800. Now something I don't understand is how Syd's on base average can be .769. Not sure that is possible. She has 2 walks in addition to her 8-10 hitting so that would put her on base average at .833 (10-12) by my calculations. She is the only player listed who on base average is lower than her batting average. I think that has to be an error. Syd's slugging percentage is 1.000 giving her a very nice OPS of 1.833. So much for Syd padding her college stats against lower level pitching.

https://auprosports.com/aux-softball/stats/
                              This would be the correct number i believe. It has to do with the sacrifices that Syd has. Those plate appearances count to OBP, where they dont count to BA. I am not sure of the number of sacrifices she has (2 that i can remember), but these do count as plate appearances.

For instance, say she goes 8-10 with two walks and 2 sacrifices, her BA is .800, (8 hits/10 AB) but her OBP is .713 (8 hits, 2 walks and 2 SAC so 10 on base/ 14 PA).

There is probably an advanced stat that somehow measures all of this but I am not up on advanced metrics.
                              Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post

This would be the correct number i believe. It has to do with the sacrifices that Syd has. Those plate appearances count to OBP, where they dont count to BA. I am not sure of the number of sacrifices she has (2 that i can remember), but these do count as plate appearances.

For instance, say she goes 8-10 with two walks and 2 sacrifices, her BA is .800, (8 hits/10 AB) but her OBP is .713 (8 hits, 2 walks and 2 SAC so 10 on base/ 14 PA).

There is probably an advanced stat that somehow measures all of this but I am not up on advanced metrics.
                                After rechecking you are more or less correct. It appears that sacrifice flies are counted as plate appearances but sacrifice bunts are not. Syd has one of each.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; 3 days ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X