2023 NCAA Softball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 NCAA Softball Tournament

The Selection Special is 6 pm CT Sunday on ESPN2.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; May 14, 2023, 06:26 PM.

Watching a bit of Stanford v UCLA in the PAC12 tournament on a Friday evening. ESPN ran a promo for the Home of College Softball. It went by fast, but I swear one of the clips was of Lolo rounding first base on a home run. Now, can I find it?

Comment

Well, Syd appeared twice in the Intro, once with one of her sterling fielding plays.

Phew!! Not going to Norman where Oklahoma is the #1 National Seed.

UCF are going to FlorIda State, the #3 National Seed, to play South Carolina. UCF are the #3 Seed In this pod.

The Shockers are going to Oklahoma State, the #6 National Seed, to play Nebraska. The Shockers, who did not show a celebration, are the #2 Seed in this pod.

Arkansas, the other site in the Shocker-destination speculation, are the #11 National Seed. Oregon is the #2 seed in this pod.

Only two or three team celebrations were not shown. I could put some spin on th Shockers being one of them, but for now, I won't.
      Last edited by flyingMoose; May 14, 2023, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Mini Rant - Oklahoma State lost 11 of their last 13 games and was 0-2 vs WSU ... Yet they get to host WSU.

I know we lost our last two... But still crazy when you remove the names and step back and look at it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          Mini Rant - Oklahoma State lost 11 of their last 13 games and was 0-2 vs WSU ... Yet they get to host WSU.

I know we lost our last two... But still crazy when you remove the names and step back and look at it lol.
          The current RPI will not be out until tomorrow. When that happens, you will have no quibbles with the Committee's decision. These are body-of-work decisions, not head-to-head decisions.

I think the in-a-funk Shockers got a gift by going to Stillwater. Even then, the Shocks have quit hitting and could easily go 1-2 at their Regional.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

The current RPI will not be out until tomorrow. When that happens, you will have no quibbles with the Committee's decision. These are body-of-work decisions, not head-to-head decisions.
            Yea .. not sure i fully trust the RPI either .. just the way it is.

Comment

All #OSUcowboy KNOW is scared. Shox is TEACH these ladees;

Thanks is Joerg

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                Only two or three team celebrations were not shown.
                Via Twitter, at a restaurant. Probably not ESPN camera friendly.

Comment

Like these picks ! https://www.ncaa.com/news/softball/a...w-bracket-here

Comment

"They're willing to put in extra work with us because they want us to be the absolute best we can be," center fielder Lauren Lucas said. "These coaches do a really good job of grabbing girls with a lot of potential and helping them reach their maximum."

A nice RH emphasizing the Shocker hitting. Hopefully, they can get that turned around from the last few games, and turned around real soon now.

Comment

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

Oklahoma State 9-0(6) UMBC

Not long now.

Comment

Lo in the circle. Regular lineup.

I'm following this one via Twitter and watching other Regionals live.

Comment

Working...
                              X