Volleyball Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    2014 is a big year for the program. The coaches like last year's class, and I agree. I don't know about this year's class (2013). Hooper was an incredible setter, and Feekin is probably better. Don't know where we go from there.....Not sure Loney and or Hiebert are the answer. The bar is high at WSU now....
    Yes, it will be with next year being he final year for Feekin, Andrade, Field, and Sanders. But we lose good players pretty much every year and Lambo, so far, has kept us relevant. This may be most comparable what we had to replace in 2005, although we did have a good, experienced setter returning in Abby Harsh. We did not make the NCAA Tournament in 2006 despite a 25-7 record. 2014 will be a challenging year.

Here are some of the players Lambo has had to replace in the past:

2004 - Younes, Augspurger and Geer (Lara's junior year, but an injury ended her career before her senior season)
    2005 - E. Meyers, Ray, Vohs and Hartig (Abby Harsh was in place and had been sharing setting duties with Andee in the 6-2 for two years)
    2006 - No Seniors
    2007 - Harsh and Lungren
    2008 - Broussard, Jackubov and Eckenrode (Lindsey's junior year, but an injury prior to her senior year effectively ended her career)
    2009 - Stockman, Granville, Niggemeyer and Tokarz
    2010 - Backes and McGee
    2011 - Hooper, Waldorf and Zwiesler
    2012 - Adney and Church

Comment

I don't see Lehman playing til her soph or jr year, been a basketball first kid up until now...Lamb will get her trained. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hiebert playing next year, if you ever get a chance to see her club team do it. Been around club ball for a while and they are a lot of fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
        I don't see Lehman playing til her soph or jr year, been a basketball first kid up until now...Lamb will get her trained. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hiebert playing next year, if you ever get a chance to see her club team do it. Been around club ball for a while and they are a lot of fun to watch.
        Why waste a year of eligibility for Hiebert next year for what would probably be very minimal playing time behind Chelsey Feekin? She may be very good, but she will not be beating out Chelsey Feekin. Let her learn Lambo's system as a redshirt and then be ready to step in at setter in 2014. Chelsey Feekin paid her dues big time for three years and she will be the full time quarterback of this team next year. A redshirt year for Hiebert will only benefit her in the long run.

Even after a redshirt year Emily will have to beat out Jordan Loney who would be a Junior in 2014 and will have 3 years in the program at that point. Maybe that will happen, maybe it won't.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 10, 2012, 11:20 PM.

Comment

I am largely avoiding posting on SN right now and I am considering leaving the board but I don't want to make any rash decisions. A few points, however.
          • How can anyone not mention replacing Kim Wadsworth? She was a walk-on (if I recall correctly) but would have started for almost any other Valley team and really performed when she got her chance.
          • In a MBB thread, somebody "called out" n8. He doesn't say/do silly things (e.g. "cesspool"). He attends Arch Madness every year and almost all MBB home games. (PS He is smarter than you.)
          • Yes, there is a plan for "dorm construction".
          • The libero position is a big question mark for 2013 and I would understand if a true frosh started as libero. Remember Kelly Broussard starting as a true frosh?
          • As for replacing players, Kelly Broussard and Melissa Granville were huge losses. Did you look at Lamb's comments on defense? How was our defense ranked nationally this year? Last year?
          • None of you would survive as a D1 coach. Chris Lamb and Gregg Marshall "have their acts together."
          • Yes, you are delusional but who isn't? :loyal:
          • Yes, your mom loves you. I'm kind of fond of you too. Royal is OK in my book.

Now back to lurking. (There goes 10 minutes of my life.)
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Kim's father is certainly one of the most important factors in the development of club volleyball in the Wichita area. Perhaps THE most important factor, and their family's support of WSU Volleyball is likely unmatched. What they have done for volleyball in the area is, frankly, amazing and they don't get enough credit.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Why waste a year of eligibility for Hiebert next year for what would probably be very minimal playing time behind Chelsey Feekin? She may be very good, but she will not be beating out Chelsey Feekin. Let her learn Lambo's system as a redshirt and then be ready to step in at setter in 2014. Chelsey Feekin paid her dues big time for three years and she will be the full time quarterback of this team next year. A redshirt year for Hiebert will only benefit her in the long run.

Even after a redshirt year Emily will have to beat out Jordan Loney who would be a Junior in 2014 and will have 3 years in the program at that point. Maybe that will happen, maybe it won't.
              Whose to say she would play setter next year, the kid is a quick and very athletic middle also. That seems to be what we are going to more often, especially in the tourney. But all in all I would not be suprised to see her red shirt next year

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Kim's father is certainly one of the most important factors in the development of club volleyball in the Wichita area. Perhaps THE most important factor, and their family's support of WSU Volleyball is likely unmatched. What they have done for volleyball in the area is, frankly, amazing and they don't get enough credit.
                What club is he associated with Wu?

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
                  Whose to say she would play setter next year, the kid is a quick and very athletic middle also. That seems to be what we are going to more often, especially in the tourney. But all in all I would not be suprised to see her red shirt next year
                  We have two of the best middle's in the Valley returning next year and both will be Seniors. How many times has Lambo said he highly values old (meaning experienced) volleyball players? Answer: Many, many times. Emily Hiebert will not be playing a MB position for the Shockers next year. She was recruited as a setter and she will be trained as a setter, and I have high hopes she will be our next top notch setter following Hartig, Harsh (another Newton girl), Hooper and Feekin. Again there is no good reason to blow a year of eligibility for a small amount of playing time for such a promising player. IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    We have two of the best middle's in the Valley returning next year and both will be Seniors. How many times has Lambo said he highly values old (meaning experienced) volleyball players? Answer: Many, many times. Emily Hiebert will not be playing a MB position for the Shockers next year. She was recruited as a setter and she will be trained as a setter, and I have high hopes she will be our next top notch setter following Hartig, Harsh (another Newton girl), Hooper and Feekin. Again there is no good reason to blow a year of eligibility for a small amount of playing time for such a promising player. IMHO.
                    I believe the odds are she will redshirt, just don't be surprised if she doesn't end up doing some hitting before she sets. Never say never.
                    Last edited by boyshocker; December 11, 2012, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Sounds like a bunch of good problems to me.
                      "Two dribbles and a ham sandwich" ~ Gregg Marshall
                      Wichita State, a team long on grit, made everything it shot. ~ Normal, Ill. newspaper 2/19/13

Comment

WSU Volleyball ‏@ShockerVball

Recruiting recruiting recruiting! Cupboards are stocked for years! GO SHOX!

Comment

I know the staff has been excited about the recruits they've been in on for quite some time now. Volleyball recruiting is an odd dynamic to say the least.

And getting information is not easy, believe me. The thing that I find so intriguing is the number of families willing to travel all across this country to find a good fit for their daughter. It's not that they do it (so would I if I could and my daughter was in that spot) but that they do it so early, on their own dime, and in such large numbers.

I would suspect in excess of 75% of the girls we recruit visit here on their own dime before we can even bring them in on an official visit.

It seems almost no recruiting goes on during their senior seasons. It's all done by the time they are juniors...and even before.

Comment

Speaking of recruiting, has there been any word on a replacement for RJ?
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Per Twitter, the Shocks sign Natalie Brisso, 6-3 MB, Howell H.S., located in either Boone, Saint Charles or Weldon Spring, Missouri, depending on the source.

Dave Witter ‏@WitterAD1h
                              Congrats to Natalie Brisso signing with Wichita State for volleyball/pre-med! Good luck Natalie! #attaViking pic.twitter.com/GesmOSpxEG

Learn the facts about Women's Volleyball recruiting in SAINT CHARLES, MO. Connect with college Women's Volleyball coaches in MO.
                              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X