Shocker SB v Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker SB v Arkansas

Arkansas comes to Wilkins Stadium to play the Shockers a single game at 6 pm Tuesday.

The Razorbacks are 20-6 overall and 1-2 in the SEC after a weekend series with Texas A&M. They are 3-3 against ranked teams. They have wins over Nebraska and North Texas (2) among common opponents.

Leading hitters are Rylin Hedgecock (OPS of 1.394 and a team-leading eleven home runs), Raigan Kramer (1.180), and Lauren Camenzind (0.961).

Most of the Razorback innings belong to Chenise Delce (61.1, 2.05, 0.99), Robyn Herron (46.1, 1.21, 0.99), and Callie Turner (40.2, 2.41, 1.23). However, all five pitchers on their staff saw work this weekend, so it is difficult to guess who the Shocks might see. But I will guess anyway - Turner.

With Taylor's recent hitting, the Shockers now have six hitters (Sydney, Lolo, Zoe, Lauren, Addison, Taylor) with an OPS above 1.00 led by the 1.449 of Syd.

Pitching numbers are Lo (57.1, 1.71, 1.03), Alison (51.1, 3.15, 1.50), and Alex (37.2, 2.04, 1.06).

The Polls numbers will be out tomorrow and will be posted below when they appear.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; March 13, 2023, 05:13 PM.

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    Arkansas comes to Wilkins Stadium to play the Shockers a single game at 6 pm Tuesday.

The Razorbacks are 20-6 overall and 1-2 in the SEC after a weekend series with Texas A&M. They are 3-3 against ranked teams. They have wins over Nebraska and North Texas (2) among common opponents.

More to come ...
    I don't think it is a stretch that Lauren Howell will get the start in the circle against Arkansas for a couple of obvious reasons.

Comment

Sounds like the game is nearly sold out. Saw a tweet saying there were a few standing room only tickets left on the OF deck.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I don't think it is a stretch that Lauren Howell will get the start in the circle against Arkansas for a couple of obvious reasons.
        Obvious or obnoxious?

Comment

Rankings of the teams:

Shockers 23 (fm 23) .. RV29th (fm RV27th)

Arkansas 9 (fm 6) .. 12 (fm 7)

Also, Stanford 7 (fm 12) .. 7 (fm 8)
          Last edited by flyingMoose; March 14, 2023, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Arkansas at Shockers

Lineup: Yep, same recent lineup with Lauren in the circle.
            Last edited by flyingMoose; March 14, 2023, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Comment

Wind is blowing our to left fairly briskly tonight.

Comment

LiveStats lineups are finally up. Turner is the starter for the Razorbacks.

After a strikeout, a walk and a run-scoring double, and Arkansas is on the board. Lo is certainly our starter for this game, but there has to be a lot of stuff going on with her in this situation. This cannot be easy. Groundout and foul pop. 1-0 and on to the bottom of the first.

Syd is on with an infield single. [Supper break] So I say to my wife, "Let's see how many home runs we have hit since I left." The answer is two.

Addie walks and Lauren hits a three-run shot. Zoe singles and Lolo hits a two-run blast. Herron (46.1, 1.21, 0.99) is in to pitch for the 'Backs. Taylor walks, [I return about here] an out later Krystin walks, and then Sydney pounds a three-run homer to center. Addie follows with a triple. After Lauren walks, Zoe fans to end the inning. 8-1 Shocks! It just got easier for Lo, I hope.

A single starts the Arkansas second. A pop fly out, foul out, and strikeout follow. For the Shockers, three up, three down. 8-1 after two.
                  Last edited by flyingMoose; March 14, 2023, 07:19 PM.

Comment

It's amazing how many times walks with bite you. The double was legit and fell just fair in the right field corner.

Comment

BOOM

3 run bomb to center by LuLu
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        BOOM

3 run bomb to center by LuLu
                        No help on that one. Pretty much a line drive to straight away center. And another walk scores.

Comment

Hey now this is fun!

Comment

Solid single to left by Zoe followed by a LoLo no doubter to left on and 0-2 pitch. That one got some help but didn't need it.

Comment

If Sami is going to swing at pitch in the river off the outside corner she needs to learn to try to go to the opposite field.

Comment

Working...
                              X