No announcement yet.

SB: 2023 in season news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe we have some 24’ commits as well which speaks to Moose’s point.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
      Okay, I probably know just enough to be dangerous.
      I don't have that problem. I don't know nearly enough to be dangerous.

Comment

• Looking at the stats, Syd is almost guaranteed to end the year as the NCAA leader in average and hits again. She's sitting at .520, the next closest is .486. She has 103 hits, next is a girl from Iowa at 101 but their season is done. The next after that is a girl from Boston U with 92. They are also done. The closest player still playing is a Duke player with 80 hits.

Comment

• Go Shockers - D1 Softball Tabs McKinney First Team All-America

The first of many All-America accolades rolled in Tuesday morning for senior shortstop Sydney McKinney.

McKinney was named a First Team All-American by D1 Softball. This is the second straight season D1 Softball has rewarded the Shocker superstar with All-America honors. McKinney was a second team selection in 2022.

The Norborne, Mo., native is leading the country in hits (103) and batting average (.520) for the second straight season, and is on track to become the first player in NCAA DI history to repeat as both batting average and hit champion in back-to-back seasons. She added 13 doubles, 7 triples, 5 home runs, 33 RBI and 76 runs scored to her impressive senior campaign. Her 7 triples and 76 runs scored all rank in the Top 10 nationally.

McKinney is the career and single season record holder at Wichita State in batting average, hits, runs and on base percentage. A two-time American Athletic Conference Player of the Year and four-time First Team All-Conference selection, McKinney adds to a robust resume. McKinney finished her career with 378 career hits, fifth most in NCAA history. Her career batting average of .451 ranks 14th in NCAA history.

Now that her collegiate playing career has come to an end, McKinney has her sights set on a professional career with Athletes Unlimited. She was the No. 1 pick in the 2023 AU College Draft and will compete in both the AU Championship and AUX seasons this summer.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Comment

• Seems like Montana Fouts has been at Alabama as long as Nick Sabin

Comment

• Go Shockers - More All-America Honors Roll in for McKinney

Sydney McKinney has picked up First Team All-America honors in consecutive days, as the NFCA named her a first team honoree Wednesday afternoon.

McKinney was also named a First Team All-American by D1 Softball on Tuesday. This is the third straight season McKinney has garnered NFCA All-America honors after being named to the second team in 2022 and third team in 2023.

The Norborne, Mo., native is leading the country in hits (103) and batting average (.520) for the second straight season, and is on track to become the first player in NCAA DI history to repeat as both batting average and hit champion in back-to-back seasons. She added 13 doubles, 7 triples, 5 home runs, 33 RBI and 76 runs scored to her impressive senior campaign. Her 7 triples and 76 runs scored all rank in the Top 10 nationally.

McKinney is the career and single season record holder at Wichita State in batting average, hits, runs and on base percentage. A two-time American Athletic Conference Player of the Year and four-time First Team All-Conference selection, McKinney adds to a robust resume. McKinney finished her career with 378 career hits, fifth most in NCAA history. Her career batting average of .451 ranks 14th in NCAA history.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• And another

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• What would have been a surprised is if Syd would not have been a consensus All-American.

The big one would be if she can win a National Player of the Year award.

Comment

• Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Well deserved recognition for Lulu. No doubt Syd's coattails at play here in more ways than one.

Comment

• New and improved field coming soon.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

New and improved field coming soon.
                              (I think) every X number of years, the field has to be redone - re-leveled at a minimum.

It was time. The transition from the infield to the outfield grass was uneven and the same for the transition from fair to foul ground on the infield. This is from an area DI umpire I am acquainted with who told me umpires had to be careful not to turn an ankle as they moved about the field.

At least, the work that needs to be done is getting done.

As an aside, I have had the chance to watch 5A State Softball at Wilkins a couple of times. The crew does a terrific job of preparing the field for each game, not just preparing it at the start of the day and leaving it. The teams getting to play on a DI field has to be a lot of fun.
                              Last edited by flyingMoose; June 2, 2023, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Is the new outfield and infield going to be artificial turf?

Comment

Working...
                                X