Volleyball 2012 Spring Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    That would be a must see. BTW, @WuDrWu: how were the speeches by the outgoing seniors?
    I am not sure I ever responded '72. It was tough. Each of the young ladies brought a different style and focused on what was important to them.

A couple of memories I am certain to take to my grave.....Mary Elizabeth's emotional, heartfelt and tearful goodbye and learning that Hooper would be the last of the 3 seniors to be married (both Sarah and Camri acknowledged they were engaged). There was a moment when MEH was speaking where she really couldn't hold it together and you just wanted to make her sadness go away, but had no idea how to do it.

That young woman is a special, special human being. Her family and friends are lucky people. And so are all of us for just knowing her.

To say she will be missed almost belittles her accomplishments, both on AND off the floor, for the last 4 years.
    Last edited by WuDrWu; June 20, 2012, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I am not sure I ever responded '72. It was tough. Each of the young ladies brought a different style and focused on what was important to them.

A couple of memories I am certain to take to my grave.....Mary Elizabeth's emotional, heartfelt and tearful goodbye and learning that Hooper would be the last of the 3 seniors to be married (both Sarah and Camri acknowledged they were engaged). There was a moment when MEH was speaking where she really couldn't hold it together and you just wanted to make her sadness go away, but had no idea how to do it.

That young woman is a special, special human being. Her family and friends are lucky people. And so are all of us for just knowing her.

To say she will be missed almost belittles her accomplishments, both on AND off the floor, for the last 4 years.
      Thanks for that great report @WuDrWu:. After reading that I'm kind of glad I was unable to attend. It's kind of embarassing when I tear up in public.

We have a lot of great student-athletes at Wichita State but from what I can tell the Volleyball team takes a back seat to none. About the easiest program in our arsenal to get behind. Great program, great leadership, great young ladies, entertaining, competitive at a high level and fun and at a time when not a whole lot else is going on. I know we have great fan support but considering the value we are getting for our dollars as fans it is somewhat surprising the support is not even greater. However, I am realistic enough to understand my opinion of what great entertainment and fun the volleyball program is not shared by all (nor do I expect it to be).

Go Shocks! Looking forward to another fun Volleyball 101 dinner in August and then another good season of VB action.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        For what it's worth, the inimitable one, Sam Sanders, tweeted last week the Shocks dropped the first 2 games to Texas 22-25 and 25-26 before splitting the second 2 games 25-18 and 22-25.
        So if we add all the scores together we get a 94-94 tie. I'll take that against a team the quality of Texas.

Comment

Working...
        X