Volleyball 2012 Spring Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volleyball 2012 Spring Schedule

WICHITA, Kan. ? The Wichita State volleyball program announced its spring volleyball schedule on April 5.

Sat., April 7 Tulsa 1 p.m. Norman, Okla. McCasland Fieldhouse Free
    Sat., April 7 Oklahoma 3 p.m. Norman, Okla. McCasland Fieldhouse Free
    Sat., April 14 Nebraska 5 p.m. Lincoln, Neb. NU Coliseum Call NU for tickets
    Sat., April 28 Kansas 10 a.m. Wichita, Kan. Preferred Health Systems Multipurpose Ctr Free
    Sat., April 28 Kansas 1 p.m. Wichita, Kan. Preferred Health Systems Multipurpose Ctr Free

That is a quality spring schedule.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 5, 2012, 01:07 PM.

I'm so there the 28th it's not funny. I might try to make it to OU this weekend if my schedule allows. I wonder who's here and who isn't. I heard Hannah Eakin is nursing an injury and is probably out for the spring matches.

Anything else out there?

Comment

Yes, the 28th is looking like a can't miss. Hope they will be able to accomodate everyone in the PHS Multi-Purpose Center.

I would love to run down to Norman this weekend but that one is not in the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...DB_OEM_ID=7500

Sat., April 7 Tulsa 1 p.m. Norman, Okla. McCasland Fieldhouse Free
        Sat., April 7 Oklahoma 3 p.m. Norman, Okla. McCasland Fieldhouse Free
        Sat., April 14 Nebraska 5 p.m. Lincoln, Neb. NU Coliseum Call NU for tickets
        Sat., April 28 Kansas 10 a.m. Wichita, Kan. Preferred Health Systems Multipurpose Ctr Free
        Sat., April 28 Kansas 1 p.m. Wichita, Kan. Preferred Health Systems Multipurpose Ctr Free

That is a quality spring schedule.
        For what it's worth, the inimitable one, Sam Sanders, tweeted last week the Shocks dropped the first 2 games to Texas 22-25 and 25-26 before splitting the second 2 games 25-18 and 22-25.

Comment

We played Texas twice and Texas A&M last weekend in the Houston tournament. Great to get to play these quality teams in the spring, but it is the spring. Bring em on in the fall when it counts. We have a first class program!
          GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stThings1st View Post
            We played Texas twice and Texas A&M last weekend in the Houston tournament. Great to get to play these quality teams in the spring, but it is the spring. Bring em on in the fall when it counts. We have a first class program!
            I agree, but easier said than done. However, IIRC correctly I think we we have a pretty decent set of pre-conference home matches this year. Maybe not the quatlity of Texas and Texas A&m but pretty solid teams.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 18, 2012, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              For what it's worth, the inimitable one, Sam Sanders, tweeted last week the Shocks dropped the first 2 games to Texas 22-25 and 25-26 before splitting the second 2 games 25-18 and 22-25.
              I hope the Boomer's shoulder holds up this year. Would love to see her have a strong, injury free season.

Comment

sshocks lose to Tulsa in three, lose to OU in four.

Comment

Are there some spambots signing up of late? This is like the 4th or 5th "new" user first post that makes absolutely no sense to me....although the name lambazjk (no idea what the azjk is supposed to mean) is interesting.

Comment

Are there some spambots signing up of late? This is like the 4th or 5th "new" user first post that makes absolutely no sense to me....although the name lambazjk (no idea what the azjk is supposed to mean) is interesting.
                    I've PM'd @_kai_: about them. I sent a list of 11.

Comment

Yes, have some.

Comment

FYI-
                        I'm not a huge fan of volleyball, but I went to a couple of matches this past year because my niece plays on the team. We had Easter at my brother & sister in-laws house where about 6 or 7 other players were invited over for the day. I was so impressed with these young ladies. They were very friendly, polite and engaging (even though uncle SHOXMVP was intently focused on "Bubba golf" at Augusta National (the players were especially interested in Bubba's pink driver). I know this isn't news to the regular volleyball followers on this board, but I am so proud to be a Shocker fan when you see the actions of our athletes away from the fray. GO SHOX!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                          FYI-
                          I'm not a huge fan of volleyball, but I went to a couple of matches this past year because my niece plays on the team. We had Easter at my brother & sister in-laws house where about 6 or 7 other players were invited over for the day. I was so impressed with these young ladies. They were very friendly, polite and engaging (even though uncle SHOXMVP was intently focused on "Bubba golf" at Augusta National (the players were especially interested in Bubba's pink driver). I know this isn't news to the regular volleyball followers on this board, but I am so proud to be a Shocker fan when you see the actions of our athletes away from the fray. GO SHOX!!!
                          Welcome to the party my friend. You just experienced the BEST of college athletics. It's not the games or the wins....it's THAT.

PS Make that check payable to "WSU Volleyball" Campus Box 18 67260-0018

Comment

Welcome to the party my friend. You just experienced the BEST of college athletics. It's not the games or the wins....it's THAT.

PS Make that check payable to "WSU Volleyball" Campus Box 18 67260-0018
                            I used to coach a non-revenue sport on the college level many moons ago, so I have been around student-athletes, but these volleyball ladies are a fun and seem like a close knit group, even according to my niece. It's very refreshing.

I have also been to the past two annual Volleyball fundraiser events (not sure exactly what it is called). I have given a reserved amount of money to the program. My interest may accelerate in the future.

Comment

Nebraska cancelled their spring football game due to the severe weather...anyone know if the volleyball game has been cancelled?

Comment

Working...
                              X