No announcement yet.

Rumble in the Rockies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First ever win against the Clones! Nice work!
    78-65

Comment

Any way you slice it, this is one of the better wins in program history. The Cyclones were picked 3rd in the preseason Big 12 poll, one spot ahead of Kansas.

7 Big 12 teams made the tournament last year, including Iowa State. Big win.

Comment

Comment

Lambo's opening radio show of the season will be Monday, August 29th from 5-6 pm on KFH Radio (97.5 FM and 1240 AM).

He should be in a decent mood after this weekend I would think.

Comment

Rohling powered the Shockers to a 2-1 opening weekend in Wyoming, leading the team with 49 combined kills on an outstanding .330 hitting percentage, good for 3.50 kills per set. She poured in a match-high 20 kills in the season opener at Wyoming, also adding five blocks and five digs in a five-set win. Later that day against #18 Creighton, the junior paced Wichita State with 14 kills while hitting .407, then chipped in 15 more kills in Saturday's tournament finale victory over Iowa State. Rohling delivered several key plays down the stretch in the win over the Cyclones, including a go-ahead kill to reach set point in the fourth set, and the match-clinching kill in the fifth.

In addition to the eye-popping offensive numbers, Rohling more than played her part on the defensive side of the ball. She set a new career high with eight block assists against Iowa State, and came just one dig shy of matching her career high with five ups against Wyoming.

The former Neodesha High School standout committed just 14 attack errors on 106 swings over the course of the three matches, and did not have an error from the service line.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Rohling powered the Shockers to a 2-1 opening weekend in Wyoming, leading the team with 49 combined kills on an outstanding .330 hitting percentage, good for 3.50 kills per set. She poured in a match-high 20 kills in the season opener at Wyoming, also adding five blocks and five digs in a five-set win. Later that day against #18 Creighton, the junior paced Wichita State with 14 kills while hitting .407, then chipped in 15 more kills in Saturday's tournament finale victory over Iowa State. Rohling delivered several key plays down the stretch in the win over the Cyclones, including a go-ahead kill to reach set point in the fourth set, and the match-clinching kill in the fifth.

In addition to the eye-popping offensive numbers, Rohling more than played her part on the defensive side of the ball. She set a new career high with eight block assists against Iowa State, and came just one dig shy of matching her career high with five ups against Wyoming.

The former Neodesha High School standout committed just 14 attack errors on 106 swings over the course of the three matches, and did not have an error from the service line.

https://goshockers.com/news/2022/8/2...-the-week.aspx
              I love seeing our Kansas small town kids succeed like this! Plus she is majoring in mechanical engineering, so that is one hard working young lady in both the gym and the classroom!
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I had cause to visit with her during the Covid days. Sophia is just what you'd expect, a polite, respectful and very sharp young lady. I'm hoping she has an entire season like the first weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I had cause to visit with her during the Covid days. Sophia is just what you'd expect, a polite, respectful and very sharp young lady. I'm hoping she has an entire season like the first weekend.
                  Maybe she'll be designing Cobalt's...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Lambo's opening radio show of the season will be Monday, August 29th from 5-6 pm on KFH Radio (97.5 FM and 1240 AM).

He should be in a decent mood after this weekend I would think.
                    Ok, what is the link?

https://www.audacy.com/kfh is not it.

Comment

I thought it was recorded 5-6 and then played 7-8pm?

I'll double check.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        I thought it was recorded 5-6 and then played 7-8pm?

I'll double check.

Got it. That sounds vaguely familiar from previous years.

Comment

Listened to a replay of the Lambo radio show late last night.

Not a whole lot to digest. Spent the first 30 minutes talking about the new and former coaching staff members.

Lambo said that, while he doesn't regret his decision, he said he did have some different rotations he was trying against Creighton primarily to see how they would work. He said that, with hindsight, he finds himself wondering what the Shocks might have done against Creighton had he used the rotations he employed against Iowa State. While he didn't outright say it, I'm guessing Lambo figured he wasn't going to beat Creighton in any case, so that would be a good match to experiment with of the 3 matches on the weekend.

Comment

The All-Tournament Team includes Sophia and Natalie.

TY JayPak.

Comment

Comment

Boy do we have our hands full with Northern Colorado Friday. They are the real deal folks.

3-0 beating preseason BigWest #2 UCSB 3-1, sweeping preseason ACC #6 UNC (receiving votes) and then taking down preseason Mountain West favorite and in state rival Colorado State 3-1. Several of their winning sets were by lopsided scores.

Comment

Working...
                                X