No announcement yet.

It's time for a new Softball stadium...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is awesome and all, very much needed and deserved.

Where i get lost, perhaps it’s just me, are they still short of funding Phase 1? Last I heard, they needed $2MM more. Absent that funding, how do they plan on finishing in the spring?

I may be getting confused with the funding for the track/soccer stadium.

Comment

• I don't know where overall funding is for anything. I do know phase 1 is just a little over 7M and they have yet to sell the naming rights to the practice facility, which I'm sure will be happening at some point.

Phase one is around half of the total construction cost of the entire plan. Phase 2 is around 2M. Phase 3 around 3.5M. Phase 4 is less than 1M.

I do know the next phase of University Stadium was pushed back a year and will start after KSHSAA in the spring.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        ... after KSHSAA in the spring.
        For several years now, 5A State has been at Wilkins and 6A State has been in the greater KC area on Memorial Day weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

For several years now, 5A State has been at Wilkins and 6A State has been in the greater KC area on Memorial Day weekend.
          Yes, but neither of those involve University Stadium.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Yes, but neither of those involve University Stadium.
            You got me. I have no idea what University Stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

You got me. I have no idea what University Stadium.
              It was formerly known as Cessna Stadium. They've been referring to it as University Stadium since they began renovations.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• The past and present of Wichita State softball compared eras next to renderings that show plans for the future of Wilkins Stadium, starting with a $9.65 million phase and 10 black-and-yellow shovels.

The $9.65 million Phase 1 of the stadium renovation features a 13,250-square-foot practice facility containing a full indoor infield, batting cages and storage areas. It is scheduled to open in March, followed by construction on the Wadsworth Family Teams Operations Building with offices, locker room and team areas. WSU, director of athletics Kevin Saal said, needs $3 million to complete the fund-raising for those buildings.

If you click on the link above it has an overview of the 4 phases:

Phase 1: $9.65 million - Renovations to the softball team facility and indoor practice facility
                Phase 2: $1.90 million - Renovations to the entrance/press box/ticket office and seating areas
                Phase 3: $3.50 million - Remodeling of existing facilities/seating/fan experience elements
                Phase 4: $4.80 million - Renovating outfield area/event pavilions and paving

What they don't provide is a timetable other than they hope to have the practice facility open in March. Beyond that I suppose timing is largely dependent on fundraising. The fundraising will in part depend on continued success on the playing field.

​

Comment

It was formerly known as Cessna Stadium. They've been referring to it as University Stadium since they began renovations.
                  Thanks. That was my guess.

Comment

Working...
                  X